Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@dave12345

checkout northridge4x4 and look at what they have for bumpers. also to help narrow down your search look on the left side of the webpage and check off what you want for your bumper. this will show you the what is available.
Sponsored

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
ARB imo has one of the best if not best final coating process. Iā€™ve known people with ARB bumpers that are used thoroughly in the most rigorous terrains without any signs of rust (not even surface rust) for more than 5 years. Obviously, you should do your usual maintenance such as annual body sprays and touchups whenever u hit something.

also, the tube circumfrence is almost twice as thick as cheaper brands such as smittybilt, rugged ridge, etcc... you get what you pay for.

factory crush cans and fog lights also retained. Imo, better quality than Mopar

heres a picture of mine with the winch and some lights

Jeep Wrangler JL A lot of JL bumper questions! 4DF1528D-DA2A-4BD0-8A92-8DDE650A2874

OP
OP

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
I have another question that just poped today! Does the 3-Piece Rubicon Steel Bumper works on the 2020 Sahara? I contacted a dealer today and he told me he wasn't sure it would fit because now they have a new Mopar steel bumper (a bit narrower and in one piece only) that is said to fit the 2020 models. So they're not sure about the 3-Piece one as it's the "new" one that pops when he searches...

Dealers are lacking so much information on their own products sometimes! :o :s

I have a 2020 Sahara but I prefer the 3-Piece Steel Bumper so I'd like to get it; pretty sure it should fit but it would be even better if someone could confirm!

Sponsored

OP
OP

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
OP
OP

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
@BadAssBumbleBee Did you go through a winter in Canada yet with this Warn bull bar? I'm wondering if they tend to rust a lot or if they hold up well in those conditions?

@Headbarcode What kind of bull bar is it? Is it a Warn, too?

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
@BadAssBumbleBee Did you go through a winter in Canada yet with this Warn bull bar? I'm wondering if they tend to rust a lot or if they hold up well in those conditions?

@Headbarcode What kind of bull bar is it? Is it a Warn, too?

@dave12345, I got the Warn Grille Guard in May, so I haven't seen any winter weather with it on the Jeep yet. My only complaint is that mine arrived with some chips in the powder coat finish on the mounting flanges (it was even double boxed from Amazon), but I sprayed a few coats of EZ Liner on the flanges and it looks good as new.

I believe @Headbarcode has the Maximus 3 SLP Hoop on his Jeep. That one has a larger diameter tube than the Warn, and can be mounted either leaning forward or leaning back towards the grill.

IMG_20200609_232450.jpg

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Yeah, I saw this thread! I was still asking because the ones in this post seem to be more 2018-2019 than 2020, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit anyways!

Anybody heard about this new "offroad performance" bumper from Mopar (it was the one shown on the blue Jeep at SEMA 2019)? What do you think?
Are you talking about the 82215691AD bumper?

https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/sku/82215691ad.html

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about.
I like the simpler design, but itā€˜s more expensive than the standard OEM steel and Iā€™m not sure exactly what justifies the extra $$$. Maybe the steel is thicker than standard one? Or the coating process?

All things being equal I would take it over the 3 piece, just because I donā€™t see myself ever taking the ends off. If I wanted a stubby Iā€™d just buy a stubby.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@dave12345, I got the Warn Grille Guard in May, so I haven't seen any winter weather with it on the Jeep yet. My only complaint is that mine arrived with some chips in the powder coat finish on the mounting flanges (it was even double boxed from Amazon), but I sprayed a few coats of EZ Liner on the flanges and it looks good as new.

I believe @Headbarcode has the Maximus 3 SLP Hoop on his Jeep. That one has a larger diameter tube than the Warn, and can be mounted either leaning forward or leaning back towards the grill.

Jeep Wrangler JL A lot of JL bumper questions! IMG_20200609_232450
Thanks for the reply!

And yeah, I think you're right! :like:
Yes, I have the Maximus-3 SLP with the optional chassis reinforcement brackets.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What are those reinforcement brackets? And how is it holding up against the weather in NY up to now?
The bumper is attached to the frame rails via 4 bolts per rail on its front face. The shape of the bumper wraps both below and above the end of the frame, leaving air space. The bull bar attaches to the top plane of the bumper. Apply enough force to the bar, and the top of the bumper would easily bend. The reinforcement brackets bridge that gap between chassis and bumper so in the event of a mild incident, the bumper would resist being bent back because of the added leverage of the bar.

I've had it on for just over 18 months now, and it would look brand new after a wash down. I highly recommend it.
Sponsored