A little Moab and Colorado Fun, end of July through Mid-August

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I thought I'd throw out this feeler to see if anyone was going to be in Moab or Colorado Springs Area end end of July through Mid-August and would be up for some wheeling. At the moment with how our trip is structured, we'll be in Moab from July 29th through Aug 7th and Colorado Springs from the 7th through the 11th. Depending when my JL ever delivers, I'll either be rocking a stock JL or a mildly built JL.
Sponsored

JeepRubiCan

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I would be up for some wheelin in MOAB or CO. I live in Broomfield, CO.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be up for some wheelin in MOAB or CO. I live in Broomfield, CO.
Cool.

We're locked in for our trip plans so like I mentioned above we're going to be in Moab from July 29th through Aug 7th, and Colorado Springs from the 7th through the 11th. Honestly with how our plans are looking for the CO leg of the trip I'd say Moab would be the best place to try and connect.

As we get closer to when we'll be out that way and you know what your plans are going to be hit me up on PM and we can swap contact info.

~Kevin

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I'd throw out this feeler to see if anyone was going to be in Moab or Colorado Springs Area end end of July through Mid-August and would be up for some wheeling. At the moment with how our trip is structured, we'll be in Moab from July 29th through Aug 7th and Colorado Springs from the 7th through the 11th. Depending when my JL ever delivers, I'll either be rocking a stock JL or a mildly built JL.
Man, I'd love to go then, but bad time for me. I'm a school principal and we're just getting started then. However, I'm going with a small group of Jeeps in October. We're aiming to leave on October 18 and do the Rim Rocker trail from Montrose, CO all the way into Moab. We'll then run trails for a few days before heading back home.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I'd love to join you. I can switch around my dates as long as work doesn't take me back to Thailand at the end of July. Check out my post here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream.10162/

Your trip almost aligns with my plans and I've been looking forum members to meet up with during this trip across the country. My Jeep is holed up in a storage unit in Grand Junction waiting for my return. If you can, shoot me a PM and we can coordinate things.

Thanks!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to join you. I can switch around my dates as long as work doesn't take me back to Thailand at the end of July. Check out my post here:

Your trip almost aligns with my plans and I've been looking forum members to meet up with during this trip across the country. My Jeep is holed up in a storage unit in Grand Junction waiting for my return. If you can, shoot me a PM and we can coordinate things.

Thanks!
Hey, we'd love that! Right now, and I don't think it will change, we're planning on departing the afternoon of October 18, and will get as far as we can. I'd like to get to Selena, KS, or maybe even a little further, if us old guys can hold up. We'll get to Montrose on the evening of the 19th, if all goes to plan. Then, the 20th, we hit the dirt on the Rimrocker Trail and take it into Moab. We've got 4 confirmed Jeeps right now with 4 more saying they are likely. Plus, there are two in the thread who said they'll join us. It will be like a Fall Jeep Safari! Kids are welcome, too, as I've got several of my own going, for sure.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hey, we'd love that! Right now, and I don't think it will change, we're planning on departing the afternoon of October 18, and will get as far as we can. I'd like to get to Selena, KS, or maybe even a little further, if us old guys can hold up. We'll get to Montrose on the evening of the 19th, if all goes to plan. Then, the 20th, we hit the dirt on the Rimrocker Trail and take it into Moab. We've got 4 confirmed Jeeps right now with 4 more saying they are likely. Plus, there are two in the thread who said they'll join us. It will be like a Fall Jeep Safari! Kids are welcome, too, as I've got several of my own going, for sure.
@DanW - I'm so sorry, Dan. I should've quoted my message. I was responding to the original post at the top by @kkuntz01.

I'll be in Washington state in October for my little brothers competition and then the drive back to MN. It's very possible that I can swing back through the MOAB/Ouray area on my way back to MN, however. I'll have to see how it plays out. I'll be sure to come back to this thread as the next few months play out. Looking at your dates, it might just work out! It would be a cool trip, for sure.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to sound like a weather wussy from Southern California, but do you all know how hot it is in Moab July/August?

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/moab/utah/united-states/usut0165

Although with school schedules I am tempted to show up as well.

My advice is if you like strong beer, bring some.

Yeah, this will be our 3rd trip to Moab this time of year so we know what we’re up for. Besides I’ll take 90-100 and dry heat over 90-100 and swamp ass in that arm pit of a state known as Florida.

Oh and thanks for the reminder on beer. I thought that’s what I remembered, but wasn’t 100%.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!
Cool. I’ll PM you soon with contact info. I think I’ve got a buddy from Missouri (@Hip2u77) who may be heading out there as well. Now all I need is my JL, ‘cuz it’ll be awkward wheeling my wife’s Ram 2500 CC on trails in Moab.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW - I'm so sorry, Dan. I should've quoted my message. I was responding to the original post at the top by @kkuntz01.

I'll be in Washington state in October for my little brothers competition and then the drive back to MN. It's very possible that I can swing back through the MOAB/Ouray area on my way back to MN, however. I'll have to see how it plays out. I'll be sure to come back to this thread as the next few months play out. Looking at your dates, it might just work out! It would be a cool trip, for sure.
We'd love to have you. You may be the most experienced off road JL driver in the US now! Maybe even on-road, for that matter! Lol!

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
We'd love to have you. You may be the most experienced off road JL driver in the US now! Maybe even on-road, for that matter! Lol!
@DanW Do you have firm dates and a location to meet for the end of July? I've got to plan on paying a little extra for the JL storage in Grand Junction and then book some airplane tickets. Are you guys camping or getting hotel rooms? Thanks man. I like logistics to be spot on. It's the only way I can plan my cross-country trip around work and traveling abroad.

Thank you!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW Do you have firm dates and a location to meet for the end of July? I've got to plan on paying a little extra for the JL storage in Grand Junction and then book some airplane tickets. Are you guys camping or getting hotel rooms? Thanks man. I like logistics to be spot on. It's the only way I can plan my cross-country trip around work and traveling abroad.

Thank you!!
We aren't leaving until October 18. We'll primarily stay in hotels, but may try one or two nights camping. We'll decide that as we get closer to the trip and when we figure out what permits we will need and how to get them.

I'm sorry for any confusion. I had thought I was on a thread I had created and forgot I had subscribed to this one, too. My group isn't the same as the July group in this thread.

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I'm planning about the same trip starting in Ouray around 10/2, then heading to Montrose, Rimrocker to Moab, wondering how many days to allow for the 160 miles?
Sponsored