Sponsored

A little A/T Tire Fun

Which of the following A/T tires would you recommend?

• Mickey Thompson BAJA ATZ P3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitto Terra Grappler G2

• Dick Cepek Fun Country

• Toyo Open Country R/T

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to add some new shoes to my JLUR when it gets in, and want to get some folks to chime in with their real world experience. Looking for 35 or possibly 37's (got a lift picked out), on 20x9s... I have 4 different wheels in mind, and can't decide.. I live in Ohio.. We get snow.. Mostly plan on keeping this rig on the road, but want to take on a trail or two.. I might even head out on a Jeep trip, who knows.. Open to suggestions and if you have pro's/con's or something I haven't looked at, throw it out there.. Performance, Noise, and Ride are the three most important features for me, so please keep that in mind.. Thanks Everyone
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep,, it works.. Have fun folks, and thanks again..

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If snow is a concern/priority the GY Duratrac is top dog. I've seen some on the forums say that the BFG KO2 is as good as the Duratrac in snow. I have had both and there is no comparison.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Cooper S/T MAXX

Have them in 37" and they are fairly awesome. They are about as aggressive as you can get on an AT before they are essentially MT's.

And don't do 20" rims, for Christ sake.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@simpleJL I normally would agree about the 20" wheels.. My buddy has them on his brand new JLUR, and they actually look pretty nice. I get the functional side of things, more rubber = softer ride, ability to air down a bit more, etc. etc. etc... Thanks for the advice... Those do look like pretty sweet tires..

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
If snow is a concern/priority the GY Duratrac is top dog. I've seen some on the forums say that the BFG KO2 is as good as the Duratrac in snow. I have had both and there is no comparison.
You’re right. No comparison. The Duratrash is just that. Loud, and punctures galore on gravel roads. Not sure about Chicago but I wouldn’t trust a Goodyear down a hill in the snow. Ever. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, but I’ve tried them both on Jeeps and most recently my Power Wagon. I live in the mountains on a steep mountain road and I couldn’t even make it up my hill in 2 wheel drive. I installed 37” KO2s and the same hill, I can drive right up it. Same went for my JLUR. Just my experience. Some say different. I’m sure there are strong opinions both ways.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Cooper S/T MAXX

Have them in 37" and they are fairly awesome. They are about as aggressive as you can get on an AT before they are essentially MT's.

And don't do 20" rims, for Christ sake.
thinking of going 37” Cooper S/T Maxx or MT APZ. Howare the noise and ride quality of your S/T Max’s after a year and a half with them compared to the stock K02s???
Sponsored