Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I don’t think you can book that far in advance, if I recall the window is a day or two before you want to hit the trail

edit: Permits open up at 8:00 am the day before

https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/dayusepermits.htm
you beat me to it. I only know because we’re headed to The Maze District in Canyonlands in two weeks and on the way home, staying in Monticello and running Elephant Hill. We’ll need alocal friend to get our permits for us since we’ll be in the middle of nowhere through the day before. Although, he said it’s not super difficult to get permits, especially during week days.

I’m trying to book Elephant Hill for September and the website is showing no days open all year.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My biggest complaint is the forward angle of the headrest. It's angled way too far forward for me.
I thought that would bother me but surprisingly it doesn't.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

you beat me to it. I only know because we’re headed to The Maze District in Canyonlands in two weeks and on the way home, staying in Monticello and running Elephant Hill. We’ll need alocal friend to get our permits for us since we’ll be in the middle of nowhere through the day before. Although, he said it’s not super difficult to get permits, especially during week days.
We booked ours via an iPad and saved the permit as a PDF as we didn’t have access to a printer. When we checked in and the ranger station I showed her the PDF and that was good enough. She did ask that I keep a copy on my phone with me, just in case we came across another ranger who might want to see it.