Sponsored

A good review on EcoDiesel Jeep JL - Savage Geese

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
Nice discussion guys. I Have had 1 Sahara and 4 Rubicons since 97. Awaiting my 2020 loaded Rubicon with Diesel. Diesel is the new jeep game changer- like the Rubicon set up in 03. In the future, all real off road jeeps will have diesels, just like the Rubicon option. IMO
When did you order your diesel?
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Ok if we could please pivot back to the video the OP posted, cruise to the 2:08 point. Looking up from underneath the rig, you see the bottom of the front diff, the little steel oil pan on the engine, the aluminum part of the block that pan is bolted to = just to the left looks to be a black filter canister of some sort? Wazzat?

Wazzat.JPG
Here’s an interesting plot twist...I was cleaning under my rig, taking off skid plates and checking frame welds twice over the weekend prepping it for cerakote...I’ve seen no such filter on it. Makes no sense.
Did this press unit have a different transmission in it?

Or perhaps SavageGeese was lazy and used some B-roll from a different Wrangler?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Did this press unit have a different transmission in it?

Or perhaps SavageGeese was lazy and used some B-roll from a different Wrangler?
No idea, but I’m certain that filter isn’t on our 3.0s.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What you see in the video is the shots from their original review of Sahara unit not the diesel. Just watch their original review of the Wrangler JL and you will see some of the same shots in the new diesel review. You can also see the top right corner of the screen showing Sahara.
It's kind of misleading, but there is no oil filter underneath the diesel engine. It's just the one on top and it's a paper element . I've heard it's expensive and hard to find since the engine is new.
Sponsored