First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
People are allowed to have their opinions, not sure if you know.

I'm going to sleep well knowing I won't buy a diesel, made in Italy, by FCA no less, that's 70% new because they couldn't get it right when it was 100% new. For all anyone knows, this could be 170% trouble down the track.
There's a difference between having an opinion and rabble-rousing. I saw you as just trying to stir the pot. My apologies if I saw it wrong. The "tractor motor" reference was my sign that your intentions were not pure.
Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I would never buy that tractor motor.
We know a lot of people drive diesel vehicles in Australia, what would make you classify this engine as a 'tractor' engine?
I have several diesel tractors, their engines are very primitive/loud compared to the 3.0L. (They will likely last Much longer than the 3.0L but that's a topic for another conversation ;))

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I would never buy that tractor motor.
OMFG lol, go away.

Look what forum you're in. Are you an actual clown in real life, or do you just play one for fun here on the forum?

All you do is talk shit about this diesel. You don't like it. That is perfectly fine. Jumping into however many threads that are specifically about the diesel and sharing your same tired opinion makes no sense.

The 3.6 Pentastar that everyone seems to like, holds zero interest for me. You won't see me in all of their threads telling them it's the worst and that the diesel is the only smart play.

Get a grip......

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
OMFG lol, go away.

Look what forum you're in. Are you an actual clown in real life, or do you just play one for fun here on the forum?

All you do is talk shit about this diesel. You don't like it. That is perfectly fine. Jumping into however many threads that are specifically about the diesel and sharing your same tired opinion makes no sense.

The 3.6 Pentastar that everyone seems to like, holds zero interest for me. You won't see me in all of their threads telling them it's the worst and that the diesel is the only smart play.

Get a grip......
Dude THANK you. I was trying to find the words myself. I wish I could like this harder.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not to mention the fact that the automatic is $2,750 with non-diesel motors. That makes the diesel premium only $3,250.
I have a 2018 JLUS with AT and the 3.6L engine. I also got the rear LSD to get the rear D44. The ecodiesel already comes with the rear D44 with LSD, and the AT costs $750 less than on the 3.6L. So if I were to order a JL with the same options, but the ecodiesel instead of the 3.6L, I would actually be paying $2655 more for the diesel engine, a front D44 and 3.73 gears instead of 3.45. To me that's.a great deal!

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best way to deal with clowns is.to ignore them. By quoting their posts,.you just give them more exposure.
Just ignore them. They will eventually get tired and walk away.
I agree to a point. But like it or not when any topic on the internet is 'searched', forums and these types of threads pop up. Sometimes it is necessary to post an opposing view for people to find.

So yeah you're right for the most part, but watch, he'll be back in another thread with the same garbage soon. IMO, he ain't just gonna "get tired and walk away."

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
We have a fleet of about 100 GM and Ford diesel powered vehicles just for city delivery and have had so many problems with the aftertreatment that we have switched to gasoline power. If you do a lot of highway driving were you can keep the exhaust temp higher, then this diesel would be for you. If you are just bombing around town, not so much. Not to sound like a hater, but hopefully this engine works out well for Jeep.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
You don't like it. That is perfectly fine.
That's a lie. Look at how worked up you are attacking me personally when I never said anything to you. If you think the diesel's a good idea, why is it wrong when I say it's a bad idea? Not everyone will share your opinion and in a civilised society that's not a problem.

Best way to deal with clowns is.to ignore them. By quoting their posts,.you just give them more exposure.
Just ignore them. They will eventually get tired and walk away.
Sounds like repressed issues relating to clowns. This is not the therapy forum for that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We have a fleet of about 100 GM and Ford diesel powered vehicles just for city delivery and have had so many problems with the aftertreatment that we have switched to gasoline power. If you do a lot of highway driving were you can keep the exhaust temp higher, then this diesel would be for you. If you are just bombing around town, not so much. Not to sound like a hater, but hopefully this engine works out well for Jeep.
We also run fleets of diesel pickups at work, and my field guys have had a lot of issues. Had one truck in particular that would go into limp mode on a regular basis and strand them on the interstate 2-3 hours from home. If I was going back to a full size truck, Ford's new 7.3L gas engine would probably be my choice.

But, for the JL and JT I think that it's going to be very interesting to see how the EcoDiesel works out. It's never been done in the U.S. before on the Wrangler. I'm very curious to see how the longevity of this engine works out, particularly in the tight engine bay at slow speeds on the trails where regeneration may be an issue. Hopefully they'll have more of these in the wild by spring.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The diesel is an awesome option. I was waiting for it for a long time, but didn’t pull the trigger because I found out that these new diesel engines won’t take anything but low sulfur diesel, otherwise they go on limp mode. I was planning on taking it out of the country and not all countries outside of US and Europe have low sulfur. I’ve asked plenty of people like JLURD, who actually owns diesel, about their pros and cons. I decided to go with the 3.6 motor instead because of my needs.

But, if you’re just planning to stick around in the US and you can splurge on Wranglers (yes a splurge) then diesel is the way to go. Kudos to those who are early adopters of this engine. Forget about the mileage, it’s a brick in the wind, no one buys this vehicle for it’s mileage, that’s just an added bonus. But the advantages in torque is tremendous especially because most wrangler owners put on big wheels out of the gate, and no re-gear required.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a lie. Look at how worked up you are attacking me personally when I never said anything to you. If you think the diesel's a good idea, why is it wrong when I say it's a bad idea? Not everyone will share your opinion and in a civilised society that's not a problem.

Sounds like repressed issues relating to clowns. This is not the therapy forum for that.
You spent most of your postings in this thread trying to convince everyone that the 3.0 is no good.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-0l-diesel-dyno.42222/
There was this tear jerker from here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nd-performance-specs.41196/page-9#post-917310

You wouldn't know how diesel particulates affect people unless you live in an environment that relies heavily on diesels. There are people the world over having respiratory issues and having their life expectancy reduced as a result of diesel smoke.

Maybe you can look a pregnant woman or a child in the eye and say you "don't have a problem" with them filling their lungs with diesel fumes but that's not a solution for others.

Ok, so when you voice your opinion, by default it's a "specification" and when someone else says voices theirs, it's a "broad generalization". Got it.
Another
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nd-performance-specs.41196/page-8#post-917006
Diesels sound crap. Not to mention the vibrations and the black smoke I've seen from pretty much every diesel vehicle on the road new and old, under heavy acceleration. Plus the engines need too much maintenance over time. It's only people who've never owned diesels, especially over time, would prefer one over a gasoline engine.
I'm sure there's more......
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nd-performance-specs.41196/page-3#post-911825
I think hard core offroaders would care about reliability. I wouldn't go near a diesel if there's a gasoline option.
After wasting some time skimming through all your posts to show that I didn't 'lie' (are you 12 btw?) I have come to the realization you're just a real gem in general. You rub the vast majority of people the wrong way in every thread you participate in. If that's what you're going for, you're doing well.

I stand by my original statement, go away. For real.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Ok if we could please pivot back to the video the OP posted, cruise to the 2:08 point. Looking up from underneath the rig, you see the bottom of the front diff, the little steel oil pan on the engine, the aluminum part of the block that pan is bolted to = just to the left looks to be a black filter canister of some sort? Wazzat?

Wazzat.JPG

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok if we could please pivot back to the video the OP posted, cruise to the 2:08 point. Looking up from underneath the rig, you see the bottom of the front diff, the little steel oil pan on the engine, the aluminum part of the block that pan is bolted to = just to the left looks to be a black filter canister of some sort? Wazzat?

Wazzat.JPG
Certainly looks like a spin on oil filter.
Sponsored