Sponsored

A few questions about ordering a JLUR

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Hi all,
I'm actively working on ordering a JLUR, in touch with multiple MA dealers to work out the right pricing. I have a few questions that I need some inputs on:
1) Multiple dealers have confirmed me that Jeep is still accepting sold orders on JLUR for MY18. What I''m not clear on is there an 'allocation' process that Jeep follows about which dealer gets to order every week? I'm more familiar with GM's process where they do 'allocation' on weekly basis to dealers nationwide who gets to order new vehicles. Does Jeep follow something similar or any Jeep dealer can order anytime for a sold order?
2) I want to order LED Lighting Group. Read it here that Jeep is not accepting orders with this option as they have low inventory. I spoke to a dealer yesterday and he is saying it is definitely order able. I don't want to order it if it will hold/delay the order for months. Has anyone confirmed it with Jeep if LED group can be ordered?

Thank you.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Hi all,
I'm actively working on ordering a JLUR, in touch with multiple MA dealers to work out the right pricing. I have a few questions that I need some inputs on:
1) Multiple dealers have confirmed me that Jeep is still accepting sold orders on JLUR for MY18. What I''m not clear on is there an 'allocation' process that Jeep follows about which dealer gets to order every week? I'm more familiar with GM's process where they do 'allocation' on weekly basis to dealers nationwide who gets to order new vehicles. Does Jeep follow something similar or any Jeep dealer can order anytime for a sold order?
2) I want to order LED Lighting Group. Read it here that Jeep is not accepting orders with this option as they have low inventory. I spoke to a dealer yesterday and he is saying it is definitely order able. I don't want to order it if it will hold/delay the order for months. Has anyone confirmed it with Jeep if LED group can be ordered?

Thank you.
I was told today ordering was closed. Not sure if just led or the whole thing. Before they could do it for sold orders even though yellowed out.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I am waiting to order a 2019, but my dealer had said 2018 was still doable. But we are just shy a few weeks for the new model year. That being said the LED lights are restricted because of high demand. I would definitely get them, they are so much better than the stock headlights. It might mean there’s a longer wait time because of the lights. But worth it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Any inputs on my first question? I do plan to ask my dealer when I speak to him later today.

Also dealer emailed me that there is a $100 bump in MSRP for LED Lighting Group and Cold Weather Group that he is seeing in the system. He wasn't sure when this changed.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
The LED lighting package can be ordered on a sold order, but not on a dealer lot (inventory) order, so that is no problem. Now the order banks, not sure about that but I would certainly think they are or should be closing soon for the MY18.

Sponsored

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
The LED lighting package can be ordered on a sold order, but not on a dealer lot (inventory) order, so that is no problem.
Thanks for the feedback and I sure hope so! I placed the order with the dealer today.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
If it's any help, I order a Rubi with the LED option on 7/14. Was told of the restriction, but as of this week my vehicle is completed and awaiting inspection/shipping.

Good luck!

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
If it's any help, I order a Rubi with the LED option on 7/14. Was told of the restriction, but as of this week my vehicle is completed and awaiting inspection/shipping.

Good luck!
I am in inspection 28 days with an order date of 6/20. Just found out today the reason I'm in inspection this long is the LED package even though its on my build sheet and not restricted when I ordered. Crazy.

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
Ok, my 8/8 order is moving. At D status with VIN today, both steel bumper and LED lighting group in my JLUR order.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I am in inspection 28 days with an order date of 6/20. Just found out today the reason I'm in inspection this long is the LED package even though its on my build sheet and not restricted when I ordered. Crazy.
With all due respect? Someone is lying to you. No way a Jeep is sitting in I status for 30days waiting for LEDs. No way.

Sponsored

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
D1 today...not sure if LED restriction has any impact on my order.

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
So last couple of days, Jeep chat told me G status, then another rep told me JB and then 3rd rep later told me G, not sure what exactly it is...but the build sheet showed up on jeep website today.
Sponsored