Sponsored

A few first time new wrangler owner questions.

First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
hi all,
i'm a first time jeep owner, just got my 2019 sahara last week with sky touch and love it.
a few quick questions.
1. how can i keep the screen on when i turn the radio off? in the meantime, i simply keep the volume to 0 just to keep it on. (screen goes off when i click the radio off)
2. living in ny with snow etc. whats the best way to clear snow off sky top without damaging and can i leave snow on top or will it ruin canvas or leak after sitting for a while?
3. come spring, does the auto wheel/seat heating feature turn off automatically or do i have to set manually?
4. when connected via bluetooth, i can hear my music but not my cell phone voice notes (on whatsapp)
5. last question, if i choose to use 4wd for all my city driving, does it use more fuel or no different then just 2wd?
thank you!
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
As for your top question, I have always used my hands or the brush end of an ice scraper. I personally would not get in the habit of leaving snow on the roof, but periodically it will not hurt it. Tho, I have always had soft tops and I don't have the one touch, so there may be differences. Does the manual recommend anything?

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
5. last question, if i choose to use 4wd for all my city driving, does it use more fuel or no different then just 2wd?
thank you!
Don’t run 4 wheel drive if the tires are not loosing traction. There is a chance you could damage the transfer case.

On the Sahara, if equipped with auto 4 wheel drive that is fine, but you will get less mpg.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
On number three, there are settings in the uconnect menu, but even if you have it set for automatic wheel/ seat heat, it only comes on automatically at 40 degrees or below.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
#1 I always select Media, to which there is nothing plugged in, and voila you have the screen with no sound.

#4 Not all apps on your phone are compatible with Apple Play. FB Messenger doesn’t work either. It could be because the app developer doesn’t choose to participate or it could be a safety concern if anything but chat is available through that app.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
#1: I like Ron @Nomad 's idea better than my own: which involves turning the radio volume down to nothing.

#2:

With *other vehicles* (not ones with the power top) I have found this snow removal technique, at least when the snow needs to be dealt with while my rig is parked at home, and not completely "icy snow," to be useful:

leafblower.jpg

I'll also be the first to admit that this may be contraindicated for a roof that may open a tad at its sides when faced with a cross breeze and that snow removal with the device pointed towards the front or back of the rig may be best indicated. Even with the on board AC plug option, rated at 150W, no way will the rig itself, barring the purchase of an inverter pushing North of 1300 Watts (assuming with the rig turned on, the batteries/alternator could handle this) handle the leaf blower's load.

Sometimes, particularly with icy snow, if I can get the rig open and I'm parked at home, I'll stick an electric space heater in the back and let it run (the space heater, not the rig) to melt the accumulation: again, far too great a load for the optional onboard AC 150 Watt plug.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
The blower idea works pretty good. I use a Dewalt 20V.. so no need to plug it in.. I use it for fun sometimes.
But on the other hand, if the snow is light enough for the blower to work, it will blow off while driving a short distance..

OP
OP
First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Don’t run 4 wheel drive if the tires are not loosing traction. There is a chance you could damage the transfer case.

On the Sahara, if equipped with auto 4 wheel drive that is fine, but you will get less mpg.
thank you. how do i know if i have auto 4wd?

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
thats what i have... but i still have to move to 4wd mode to activate the auto feature, correct?

but as someone mentioned above, "Don’t run 4 wheel drive if the tires are not loosing traction. There is a chance you could damage the transfer case." do u find that too to be the case?
thank you

Your transfer case shift knob would look like this...

ztj0ynpszwpiq1uiulrt.jpg

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
thats what i have... but i still have to move to 4wd mode to activate the auto feature, correct?

but as someone mentioned above, "Don’t run 4 wheel drive if the tires are not loosing traction. There is a chance you could damage the transfer case." do u find that too to be the case?
thank you
Yes, pull down to go from 2H to 4H Auto. Running that all the time causes no damage, it's designed for that. For 4H Part Time (what that post was referring to) push to the right.
Edit: and BTW, you will get slightly lower MPG in 4H Auto than you would in 2H.

OP
OP
First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Yes, pull down to go from 2H to 4H Auto. Running that all the time causes no damage, it's designed for that. For 4H Part Time (what that post was referring to) push to the right.
thank you

OP
OP
First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Edit: and BTW, you will get slightly lower MPG in 4H Auto than you would in 2H.
any downside to keeping it on 4wd auto all the time? mpg?

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
#1 Mute button right next to volume knob.
#2 When I know it will snow a lot. I drape an old blanket, rainfly or something similar on the back half of the hood and up over the windshield and on the roof as far as it will reach. Then after it snows, dust off the front and rear and pull the cover off..........No snow gets packed or frozen into air intake vents or around wipers and on windshield. A few seconds to pull it off and go. No waiting for heater to clear frost, snow or ice on windshield.
Sponsored

Last edited: