Sponsored

A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am Australian so my Jeep is right hand drive. I am researching tube doors and mirrors.

I would buy them online from the US.

There are some who say that the mirrors are designed for left hand drive and so they cannot be set for a right hand drive vehicle.

I wonder if anybody on the forum might sit in the front passenger seat, with tube doors on and see whether you can adjust the mirrors for a right hand drive Jeep?

Thank you in advance.

Jeep Wrangler JL A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat. 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I am Australian so my Jeep is right hand drive. I am researching tube doors and mirrors.

There are some who say that the mirrors are designed for left hand drive and so they cannot be set for a right hand drive vehicle.

I wounder if anybody on the forum might sit in the front passenger seat, with tube doors on and see whether if you can adjust the mirrors for a right hand drive Jeep?

Thank you in advance.

Jeep Wrangler JL A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat. 1
Why don't you just get tube doors that have mirrors on both doors?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs

I wounder if anybody on the forum might sit in the front passenger seat, with tube doors on and see whether if you can adjust the mirrors for a right hand drive Jeep?

Thank you in advance.

I have these CMM ones and they are not side specific.

https://cmmoffroad.com/products/cmm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

The manufacturer’s page shows the mirrors positioned at the top of the grab handle but you can have them on the bottom. Older pic below since I’m traveling for work.

Jeep Wrangler JL A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat. 13469ED5-D4D6-4195-8B56-2789972F6E51

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I assume, like most vehicles, the mirrors are different curvature based on position.

Several of the available tube doors on the market use stock TJ style mirrors. You could grab a set of those, and locally source RHD TJ mirrors (or reproductions).

They aren't mounted, but my tube doors appeared to have the same mirror mounting position for either side. Note, regardless most of the mirrors kind of suck since they're in a different position than stock.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I use and recommend Lange Coyote mirrors. They are not side-specific. They're not on the vehicle presently, so I held and looked at both of them at various angles. No observable difference, @Joe98 , so that should put you in good stead.

It's worth that the mounting bases, while specific to the side of the vehicle on which they are secured, are otherwise identical. They shouldn't compromise the range of adjustability of either mirror.

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I have these CMM ones and they are not side specific.

https://cmmoffroad.com/products/cmm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

The manufacturer’s page shows the mirrors positioned at the top of the grab handle but you can have them on the bottom. Older pic below since I’m traveling for work.

Jeep Wrangler JL A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat. 13469ED5-D4D6-4195-8B56-2789972F6E51
Interesting, you have the Rough Country tube doors which will accept the factory mirrors. Care to share why you went the CMM route instead of reusing the ones from your main doors?

OP
OP
Joe98

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Ahhh the solution is to get mirrors that clamp onto something rather than screw into the door. Thank you all!

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Interesting, you have the Rough Country tube doors which will accept the factory mirrors. Care to share why you went the CMM route instead of reusing the ones from your main doors?
I bought the CMM mirrors before the RC doors and once I got the RC doors, I didn’t feel like moving the OEM mirrors every time I went doorless (which is truthfully not that often because I like my AC in the heat/humidity and it’s my daily driver). I got RC doors because a few times I tried to Tokyo drift (i.e. took a corner too fast) and didn’t trust the seatbelt, haha.

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I have the RC tube doors too and found that swapping the mirrors is pretty painless. You might give it a try and then market the CMM's to get some money back. Just a thought, might not be worth the hassle to you since you already have them.

Jeep Wrangler JL A favour: Could you please sit in the front passenger seat and check your tube door mirrors from that seat. PXL_20220811_001447956
Sponsored