A Euro Rubicon suspension question.

challenger23

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euro Spec JL Rubicon Diesel
Hi from the UK! Ive just picked up a 2.2 diesel Rubicon JLU , my question is really regarding the lower fenders that are fitted on the EU rubicon which I take it are the same as the sport and Sahara models, I'm interested to know if these fenders provide enough clearance when at full articulation with the sway bar disconnected on 35s and would a 2.5 or 3.5 lift be better ? Thanks
Sponsored

oliver8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landrover Discovery3
Hi from the UK! Ive just picked up a 2.2 diesel Rubicon JLU , my question is really regarding the lower fenders that are fitted on the EU rubicon which I take it are the same as the sport and Sahara models, I'm interested to know if these fenders provide enough clearance when at full articulation with the sway bar disconnected on 35s and would a 2.5 or 3.5 lift be better ? Thanks
Following your post, which would be the best option new high fender flares or 2.5 inch lift for running 35inch tyres ?

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
This has only been asked and answered on this thread about .... oh lets see, i think we’re up to about 2,114 times.

uae247

First Name
SAF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hello,
I am located in Abu Dhabi, UAE and my JLU Rubicon is European spec with the low fenders.
I changed my tires to 37s (315/70/17 KO2s)
The tires rub on U turns and in articulation, but still drive-able in the desert and dune bashing.

I am thinking of going two routes:
1) High Fenders-US Rubicon spec
2) MOPAR lift kits

The fenders are almost 1/3 of the lift kit price so I might just do that to avoid the rubbing.
Sponsored