Sponsored

A/C is Delayed Turning On

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have noticed, over the past several days, that the A/C and fan are delayed, in turning on, when the engine is started. It started by just being delayed 5 or so seconds, now it wont turn on for a minute or more after the engine is started. it does blow air, lightly, through the windshield vents, but not cold, until it starts working properly. The light does not come on, showing the A/C is on, during this time. It does eventually come on, and works fine, from then on. But, starts all over again after shutting down, and restarting. I also noticed that the A/C starts of when the engine is turned on, for a half a second and shuts down, until it decides to start, on its own sweet time.
I have checked all the fuses and all are seated firmly.
Any thought, before I take it in, so I don't waste my time at the dealership???
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havent noticed any issues with the batteries. The voltage remains 14.2-14.3 when driving.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it to the dealer, and they checked for codes. They said all the tire sensors threw codes, and the HVAC threw a reset code. They should get it into the work area today.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked the Jeep up, from the dealership. Diagnosed as Control N 24024185. The a/c, fan, and control cluster unit was bad. Part Number 6BE36DX9-AC, is now on backorder. Unknown when they will get it.
I am lucky enough to have a backup, truck, if the A/C goes out completely. I didnt want to leave the Jeep there. I dont trust people.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking the tire codes were from where the tires were rotated, or when I swapped out sensors, a while back.
As for the shutting down of the HVAC system, before starting. I shouldnt have to do that. Also, I have done this, and it makes no difference, with this defect I am experiencing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best shaves ever.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just picked the Jeep up, from the dealership. Diagnosed as Control N 24024185. The a/c, fan, and control cluster unit was bad. Part Number 6BE36DX9-AC, is now on backorder. Unknown when they will get it.
I am lucky enough to have a backup, truck, if the A/C goes out completely. I didnt want to leave the Jeep there. I dont trust people.

Hi there @DaltonGang,
Thanks for sharing your recent concerns here. If you would like any additional assistance while working with your dealer on sourcing this part, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there @DaltonGang,
Thanks for sharing your recent concerns here. If you would like any additional assistance while working with your dealer on sourcing this part, feel free to send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Thank you.
Sponsored