A/C fan noise on 2019 JLU?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Yep, TSB update fixed mine (Mar '18 build) earlier this month.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

they did a software update back last like September that slowed it down to make it a little quieter. take it to jeep and have them do the update

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
Yll need to stop complaining and get the TSB done. Much quieter.

TSB 18-041-18 Rev B
I told my dealler about this TSB and he said my vehicle was not part of this TSB. Yet they just did some type of recall that created this mess for me. Taking it in tomorrow for them to diagnose it.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Just had the TSB applied. No more loud fan or engine surge at idle!

Sponsored

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
I told my dealler about this TSB and he said my vehicle was not part of this TSB. Yet they just did some type of recall that created this mess for me. Taking it in tomorrow for them to diagnose it.
Update - My dealer is telling me this is normal. I will need to escalate. UGH!

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Update - My dealer is telling me this is normal. I will need to escalate. UGH!
Mine said the same thing when I tried to take my wife's 2018 JL in last weekend to get it updated. They were about to close when I picked it up, so I didn't get a chance to argue it. Out of curiosity, did you bring a printed copy of the TSB? I'm planning to try that before I escalate, especially since the tech said he searched for relevant TSBs and couldn't find one (apparently he didn't search very hard).

Lotchs

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Funny! I have the 2018. I had the a/c on high, picked a friend up for lunch, as she got in, she said “you’re Jeep is making a weird noise I’ve never heard before”. Me looking worried.. oh crap! Then when I turned the Jeep off & opened the door.. oh my! That thing is loud!

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
TSB flash was performed on my '18 today and its fixed! Vehicle was in their possession a whole 2.5 hours from drop off to pickup. No more surge or fan noise. Shout out to Jorge @ River Oaks Jeep here in Houston for being an awesome service advisor.

nc_oc=AQlnYCD6Gih4vmlbnn1ru_uRlQyFsE6m-UixWF18T3B33UHmsarR89SW8pezXjUDUzU&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
Mine said the same thing when I tried to take my wife's 2018 JL in last weekend to get it updated. They were about to close when I picked it up, so I didn't get a chance to argue it. Out of curiosity, did you bring a printed copy of the TSB? I'm planning to try that before I escalate, especially since the tech said he searched for relevant TSBs and couldn't find one (apparently he didn't search very hard).

I did bring the TSB and they said it was not for my vehicle. Latest response today was:

Dealer "I contacted FCA Star center about your concern and even sent the video that you sent to me. They told me this is a normal condition for your vehicle and the GDI engine that your vehicle has. Our service writer Amanda has a 2019 wrangler and the same engine and does exactly the same. At this time it is considered to be normal operation for your vehicle. "

My video won't upload, but it is loud at a stop and it gets even louder over 25MPH. Sounds like a jet engine when it gets really loud. I dont understand how they can say this is normal.

Regan11

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2019 JLUR. I'm taking mine in tomorrow. The fan stops when I come to a light or stop sign, but starts back up again as I'm driving. I thought it was the thermostat since it only comes on while I'm driving, but the engine temp is consistent and doesn't get too hot, which is confusing. Also, it comes on even if I don't have the A/C at max. Either way it's loud and annoying.

**UPDATE** 7-26-19 Got my Jeep back yesterday and was told by the dealership that this is normal for Jeeps. Ironically it only started a couple of months ago so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited: