A/C Fan is loud

TheJime

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Unlimited Sahara, 10' Grand Cherokee
I am a new wrangler owner, so apologies if this is well known, but when my car is in park and I put the A/C fan at one of the high speeds, it is very loud, especially from outside. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I am a new wrangler owner, so apologies if this is well known, but when my car is in park and I put the A/C fan at one of the high speeds, it is very loud, especially from outside. Is this normal?
I was wondering the same thing. I noticed it once last week when I got out, but left the Jeep running and then yesterday the lady at the drive thru could not hear my order clearly as it was so loud. Can somebody explain why this is normal for a Jeep? Beyond “It’s a Jeep thing.”

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I was wondering the same thing. I noticed it once last week when I got out, but left the Jeep running and then yesterday the lady at the drive thru could not hear my order clearly as it was so loud. Can somebody explain why this is normal for a Jeep? Beyond “It’s a Jeep thing.”
Have a ‘96 Cherokee XJ and it is very loud, as well. Yep, it’s a Jeep thing! Will never overheat on you, though. Lol. Electric fan goes into high gear when the A/C is loaded down. You can always kill the climate control at the drive thru if it’s a problem.

Sponsored

Hold24

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 392
Its outrageously loud. What where they thinking !

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hmm, off roading with the AC on, interesting? Top on in winter, heat on yah. Summer top off or at least front tops off all windows down AC on???

Our Cherokee Trailhawk does off road almost as well as our JLU with the exception of ground clearance and the AC is nice and quiet inside and outside. With the TH you might need AC off road when temps above 75! LOL

I've had a couple folks ask me if I wascarring a couple airports under the hood! It really stinks that it's so loud, recall coming?? I will admit it sure does cool though.

Go Jeep!!!

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
If it is anything like my XJ, then it kicks on at high coolant temperature, or application of high A/C. I suspect it is set up the same way.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
If AC on first thing when you start it starts like a 747!! I've had a couple of JKU's and they didn't cool as much but enough and way, way quitter!!

It is very embarrassing when folks walk by! Well, they probably don't have a Jeep so who cares! lol

Go Jeep!!!

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If AC on first thing when you start it starts like a 747!! I've had a couple of JKU's and they didn't cool as much but enough and way, way quitter!!

It is very embarrassing when folks walk by! Well, they probably don't have a Jeep so who cares! lol

Go Jeep!!!

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
at least i know its working. loud but in a 100+ summer day idling in traffic, the AC is ice cold, good for me.
Sponsored