A bad start?

Stuboy71

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
After years of shopping for a Wrangler I finally ordered a JLUR in mid-September and then waited (more or less patiently). Last Thursday I reached out to my salesman to get a status check. He said it was 50 miles down the road at the rail facility and that it normally takes a few days to get to the dealer. No big deal.
Saturday morning I get a call from the salesman saying the vehicle came in early and that they were prepping the vehicle which would include test drive to make sure it was ready. Great, I would make the trip to the dealer the following day to pick up the truck...or so I thought.

Thirty minutes later he calls back and tells me that the truck is showing a code and that their person (I assume it wasn't a mechanic) didn't recognize. They were going to hold the vehicle until Monday when a mechanic could troubleshoot the problem. As of Tuesday (today), I have not heard anything so I don't know how serious the problem is.

My question is: What would you do? Do you walk away from the truck (not my preference)? Do you request documentation of the repair (keep in mind that I am technically not the owner yet)? Do you request an extended warranty? Is the resolution dependent upon on the issue? I am simply wanting to get some thoughts so that I can weigh potential options.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the code. If an unseated fuse or loose gas cap is the cause, take the Jeep. If the engine requires a tear-down then walk away.