Sponsored

9in true led aftermarket halo style headlights

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Pretty dramatic look there, from the info looks to have a nice lowbeam cutoff, would be nice to see what the light looks like head-on w/ lows & highs on.
Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I just finished installing the KIWI 9" (D-pad DRL) LED lights. Very awesome. I actually needed to add washers to the bottom to bring the light level up. Amazon is delayed on the fuse tap adapter, but all other functions this is an amazing replacement/upgrade.

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I just finished installing the KIWI 9" (D-pad DRL) LED lights. Very awesome. I actually needed to add washers to the bottom to bring the light level up. Amazon is delayed on the fuse tap adapter, but all other functions this is an amazing replacement/upgrade.
Did your set not come with the adjustable bolts?

Haven’t driven much at night but the halo LED are awesome.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Did your set not come with the adjustable bolts?

Haven’t driven much at night but the halo LED are awesome.
I did get the adj. bolts, with springs your talking about. I found it best to snug those bolts down and ill add some lock-tite once i get it all set after a few more nights of testing. It was raining tonight and the beams were pretty well illuminating the road but im not sure if that will be due to the wetness or new style light, however any car with halogens that Ive driven did poor with rain and wet roads. So more tests to be done as well as figuring out best way to run the seemly 18/20 gauge wire for the DRL. Any photos of your wiring will help, Thanks!

gatefable

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Looks like another 9" LED headlight has made it's way to the market:
morsun-led-headlight-9-inch-for-jeep-jl-2018201907021453581104893.jpg

https://www.morsunoffroad.com/headl...un-led-headlight-9-inch-for-jeep-jl-2018.html
Wow, these look pretty cool, kinda wish I had waited as these would look pretty nice. I tend to be a little impatient and when I first bought my Jeep I couldn't find anything but 7" with a trim to cover the gap, even my local shop had trouble so I just had them put on the oracle halos and new putco led bulbs. I love my oracle halos and I've had that setup for 8 months, never been flashed at night. I also just ordered the oracle switchback bulbs for the fenders, at $60 plus shipping for something that is supposed to truly be plug and play, it just seemed like the best and easiest option out there.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, these look pretty cool, kinda wish I had waited as these would look pretty nice. I tend to be a little impatient and when I first bought my Jeep I couldn't find anything but 7" with a trim to cover the gap, even my local shop had trouble so I just had them put on the oracle halos and new putco led bulbs. I love my oracle halos and I've had that setup for 8 months, never been flashed at night. I also just ordered the oracle switchback bulbs for the fenders, at $60 plus shipping for something that is supposed to truly be plug and play, it just seemed like the best and easiest option out there.
The up/down adjustment screw is directly behind the head light....so you have to remove the whole unit to get to it.............interesting.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Too bad, maybe you can cancel the order, Summit Racing has them for about what I paid ($34)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/orc-5111-023

Sponsored

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
What did you all tap into to power the DRL halo? I have a sport S so no LED package

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
Anyone run these LED lights? Look very similar to the Kiwimasters, but a little cheaper. Just got a set for $180 with free shipping, so we shall see!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Inch-LED...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Need to figure out how I want to run the Halo's as all the write ups refer to the sports/Sport S, but I have a Sahara without the LED package, but do have the DRL's so I am assuming I could tap into them?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anyone run these LED lights? Look very similar to the Kiwimasters, but a little cheaper. Just got a set for $180 with free shipping, so we shall see!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Inch-LED-Headlights-Hi-Low-Beam-Halo-Angle-Eye-w-DRL-for-Jeep-Wrangler-JL/173969513132?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Need to figure out how I want to run the Halo's as all the write ups refer to the sports/Sport S, but I have a Sahara without the LED package, but do have the DRL's so I am assuming I could tap into them?
Nice deal considering a 7" LED w/ adapters cost about the same, when you get them up & running could you post a pic at night of the low beam cutoff? That might seal the deal since my current cutoff w/ 7" LEDs is dissapointing.

Should be able to tap into your fender DRL for the halos AFAIK.
Sponsored