Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I know many have happily purchased and installed the Kiwimaster headlights, but I want to put out a warning about their quality. I got mine installed and waited until night time to check out how they looked. This is what I found:

Jeep Wrangler JL 9in  true led aftermarket halo style headlights IMG_0184.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 9in  true led aftermarket halo style headlights IMG_0185.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 9in  true led aftermarket halo style headlights IMG_0186.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 9in  true led aftermarket halo style headlights IMG_0187.JPG

There is a hazy film smeared all over the low beam projectors on both headlights. This is on the inside of each headlight, so there is no way for me to clean them. I contacted the seller and they agreed to a replacement set, claiming this was a manufacturing issue. However, because my headlight delivery was 4 days late and USPS (and Amazon) tracking never updated, I had Amazon refund the purchase amount. So my only option if I wanted to stick with the Kiwi's was to order a new set. I decided that it wasn't worth it and ordered a set of Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs instead.

So for those that order these going forward, and those that already have them installed, make sure you closely inspect your optics when the lights are on.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Well, it looks like several people asked the same question but nobody really gave an answer. I got Quake head lights that have a halo that comes with a harness to wire up the halos to the fender DRLs. I have a rubicon and when I set the light selector to DRL mode the halos and fender lights come on. When I set it to auto just the fender lights come on. I have the DRL enabled in the settings and I have a tazer where I enabled "halo", set my head lights to "LED", and have drl location set to "dedicated". Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm racking my brain trying to get these dang lights to work in auto mode. I know there must be a way without tapping a fuse.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
the Kiwi Master halo lights are now back in stock on Amazon and I'm about to pull the trigger on those ones.....How are all of yours holding up???

seem to have great reviews

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
the Kiwi Master halo lights are now back in stock on Amazon and I'm about to pull the trigger on those ones.....How are all of yours holding up???

seem to have great reviews
mine are still working great, the only issue I have seen is that they have started pitting from Road grit. I’ve had them on for about 30,000 miles.

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
mine are still working great, the only issue I have seen is that they have started pitting from Road grit. I’ve had them on for about 30,000 miles.
Good to know....maybe I'll get them wrapped in ppf before I install.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I probably has one of the first ever production model of these kiwi lights.
2 years+ with mine, and no issues so far.

Last edited:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know....maybe I'll get them wrapped in ppf before I install.
I put mine in around November 1st, 2019, forgot to include that info. :) But I figured the mileage was probably more important anyway. I think mine were the 2nd generation of KIWI lights.
Sponsored