WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to service my 850RE Tranny @ 55K miles.

I will be buying 6 quarts of the Mopar 8&9 ATF for the job.
Where is a good place to buy the tranny filter and gasket?

Thanks in advance-
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine from Dane Chrysler on eBay. Great price and service. You do not have to change the gasket unless you had a leak.

I assume you know that a drain and fill does not remove all of the fluid. I did 3 drain and fills and that left about 15% old fluid.

Make sure that you check the fluid level after initial refill with the engine running after going through park, reverse, neutral, drive, M1 and M2 pausing 10 seconds in each gear.

The transmission needs to be between 86°F and 122°F.

I highly recommend checking the fluid one more time after driving it for about 25 miles. It will likely be a little low.

OP
OP

WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine from Dane Chrysler on eBay. Great price and service. You do not have to change the gasket unless you had a leak.

I assume you know that a drain and fill does not remove all of the fluid. I did 3 drain and fills and that left about 15% old fluid.

Make sure that you check the fluid level after initial refill with the engine running after going through park, reverse, neutral, drive, M1 and M2 pausing 10 seconds in each gear.

The transmission needs to be between 86°F and 122°F.

I highly recommend checking the fluid one more time after driving it for about 25 miles. It will likely be a little low.
Thank you.
Sponsored