Sponsored

80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Ok this 80th Anniversary thread is kind of dying and I'm still excited about my vehicle(2 door), so I want to get some opinions: I am getting a Teraflex 1.5 inch lift with Falcon shocks, I already bought some pricy 33inch Nitto ridge grapplers and any more of a lift would make them look a little small and I don't want to buy any new tires soon. Has anyone done something like this on their 80th? What are your thoughts, good or bad. Its just a spacer lift with some new bump stops(and shocks) and the like.

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
Ok this 80th Anniversary thread is kind of dying and I'm still excited about my vehicle(2 door), so I want to get some opinions: I am getting a Teraflex 1.5 inch lift with Falcon shocks, I already bought some pricy 33inch Nitto ridge grapplers and any more of a lift would make them look a little small and I don't want to buy any new tires soon. Has anyone done something like this on their 80th? What are your thoughts, good or bad. Its just a spacer lift with some new bump stops(and shocks) and the like.
Looking forward to seeing your results! I have not touched mine YET, lol. I do have huge plans in the far future with some axle swaps, a moderate lift, rubicon’s n color matched fenders and 35’s. Possibly 37’s, but not sold on it yet. I love my 2 door. It’s awesome and completely capable but I want a little more in the far future. Good luck. Show some completion pics.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the MP Concepts Aluminum bumper (replica of factory steel bumper) on Friday, Christmas preset for the other half. Looking for a small lift 1" to 1-1/2" and no larger than 33" tires as she does not want anything more.

260645783_10216119275693932_6544975402361744196_n.jpg

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Installed the MP Concepts Aluminum bumper (replica of factory steel bumper) on Friday, Christmas preset for the other half. Looking for a small lift 1" to 1-1/2" and no larger than 33" tires as she does not want anything more.

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread 260645783_10216119275693932_6544975402361744196_n
Been looking at that bumper, looks stock and its light, any issues with the install?

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking at that bumper, looks stock and its light, any issues with the install?
No issues with install, I did not install the winch mount plate. The screws for the fog light caps/surrounds were a bi***. I had to take the bumper apart to swap the tow hooks, it comes with red hooks. This is about the same weight as the plastic bumper, the powder coating is thin and could be darker, but it is not much of a concern. Overall, very satisfied with the bumper, it was on sale for just under $600.

AlexM90

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2021
I wish I could be part of the 80th club! I remember seeing the Jeep Overland reveal and thinking hmm those wheels would look stunning on a wrangler.

When I was shopping for my Wrangler there were no more 80th Anniversary Editions available anymore in October 2021 in Toronto. I settled for the Sahara and got Gladiator Overland takeoff wheels installed the next day. I absolutely love these wheels.

I'm seeing some great looking 80th's on here!

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I added the Home Link garage door opener to my 80th the other day. I purchased a new HL equipped visor for $87 on line, delivered. It wasn't just plug and play. I had to tap into the visor mirror light wire for power. Easy to do, works great. No more garage door transmitter floating around the jeep. Other recent mods: takeoff Rubicon wheels with KO's, deep tinted front windows, fuel filler door, trailer hitch with wiring, stubby antenna, and frame mounted Roam rock slider steps.
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread IMG_1402.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread IMG_1407.JPG

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I searched through here, maybe I missed it but has anyone put a rubicon rear steel bumper on their 80th? If I just get the end caps from a Sahara and swap them onto the Rubi bumper, would they line up with the stock 80th fenders?

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
I searched through here, maybe I missed it but has anyone put a rubicon rear steel bumper on their 80th? If I just get the end caps from a Sahara and swap them onto the Rubi bumper, would they line up with the stock 80th fenders?
I honestly don’t know. However it seems to me it would not work. The steel bumper lines up with Rubi fenders. They sit higher than ours do.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don’t know. However it seems to me it would not work. The steel bumper lines up with Rubi fenders. They sit higher than ours do.
Thanks. I'm not worried about the vertical gap, just the width misalignment. I found this thread that shows how to do what I am wanting to do, so I think I'm good.

I may also just purchase the MP Concepts aluminum rear bumper. Looks just like OEM and comes with both types of end caps so it can match to either type of fender.
Sponsored