Sponsored

80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
Negative ghostrider!
There is no discrepancy. The premium “twill” soft top is a $595 upgrade.
I can not find one build tool (jeep.com, Costco Car Buying, etc.) that allows for upgrading a 2 door 80th Anniversary model to a premium soft top. Now a dealer just advised me that the 80th Annie comes with premium soft as standard, yet no marketing materials or window sticker I've seen says anything about what top comes on the 80th 2door Annie; just that the hard top is the only avail upgrade. It's very strange...I remain confused.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I can not find one build tool (jeep.com, Costco Car Buying, etc.) that allows for upgrading a 2 door 80th Anniversary model to a premium soft top. Now a dealer just advised me that the 80th Annie comes with premium soft as standard, yet no marketing materials or window sticker I've seen says anything about what top comes on the 80th 2door Annie; just that the hard top is the only avail upgrade. It's very strange...I remain confused.
As of this order form (I trust this more than the website or 3rd party site), it is not included. If the premium top was standard it would have a "P" in the circle. The other standard features of the 80th show up as P. On page 4 of this order form, it clear shows the freedom edition has the premium top as part of the package. The 80th is not checked off.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
As of this order form (I trust this more than the website or 3rd party site), it is not included. If the premium top was standard it would have a "P" in the circle. The other standard features of the 80th show up as P. On page 4 of this order form, it clear shows the freedom edition has the premium top as part of the package. The 80th is not checked off.
Exactly! Have just confirmed with dealer. The 2 door 80th Annie comes with the standard cloth top AND upgrading to the Premium Twill is NOT an option. It's a shame...hard to understand the logic of not allowing the upgrade on a somewhat upgraded edition.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Exactly! Have just confirmed with dealer. The 2 door 80th Annie comes with the standard cloth top AND upgrading to the Premium Twill is NOT an option. It's a shame...hard to understand the logic of not allowing the upgrade on a somewhat upgraded edition.
This is what has been frustrating about jeep and their options. You can upgrade to the premium top on the Sport S model, but not with the 80th, which is a Sport S model with an 80th annv. option. I get that some of it has to do with supply and volume of sales, but I believe more has to do with Jeep marketing. It's not that it is some kind of incompatibility or a conflict of options, it's just pure marketing.😕

I'm glad to hear that your dealer finally got something right also. I would double check anything they tell you. Not trying to criticize them, but I'm not sure they are up to speed on the JL options, which is hard to do because they keep changing the game on us.

4 Door 80th Annie come as Unlimiteds, with premium soft top standard.
Now a dealer just advised me that the 80th Annie comes with premium soft as standard
This is not the case. The JL Unlimited 80th comes standard with the standard top and can be upgraded with the premium top.

Good luck, and I know it's confusing and a little frustrating.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes with the standard soft top. I'm getting ready to order one soon and my dealer told me you cannot order a premium soft top on a 2 door unless it is a Rubicon. If you build and price a 4 door you can get a premium soft top. The dealer also said stuff changes all of the time.
You are correct about the standard top, but your dealer is wrong or trying to upsell you by telling you that you can only get a premium top on a 2dr Rubicon or going to a 4 door Unlimited. But he is correct that things change all the time.

Sponsored

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Did anyone have issue getting the proximity unlock on theirs? My dealer says it standard, but I think he might be confusing the regular remote unlock so I'm not as convinced.

Last edited:

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taking a quick look at the order guides, it looks like:

Remote proximity is an option for every model with some packages including it, and
Keyless Entry is standard on all models except: Sport & Willys Sport.

Looks like this is the same for 2 doors or 4 doors, but I would definitely check the specific model you are looking at to make sure.

Looks like once again we have dealer that is not quite up to speed on the options.

Did anyone have issue getting the proximity unlock on theirs? My dealer says it standard, but I think he might be confusing the regular remote unlock while I'm not as convinced.
What model was he quoting? He may be correct since some packages include it.

Last edited:

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone have issue getting the proximity unlock on theirs? My dealer says it standard, but I think he might be confusing the regular remote unlock while I'm not as convinced.
I saw your other post. So keyless entry is standard and the proximity is an option on the 80th annv. model, regardless of half doors or not. So if you ordered it and it didn't come with it, your dealer messed up the order.

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Taking a quick look at the order guides, it looks like:

Remote proximity is an option for every model with some packages including it, and
Keyless Entry is standard on all models except: Sport & Willys Sport.

Looks like this is the same for 2 doors or 4 doors, but I would definitely check the specific model you are looking at to make sure.

Looks like once again we have dealer that is not quite up to speed on the options.

What model was he quoting? He may be correct since some packages include it.
I believe he is referring to this

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread C92A4868-8291-4DC2-AE0E-5F71A2977D03

If that is the case, that is separare from “Remote Start” which is what you are thinking of when you said it comes included in some packages. I don’t believe Keyless Entry comes included in any package.

The way my dealer described it, as of right now, keyless entry cannot be added on the Sport models without the half doors. If you go into the Sport S or Sport Altitude and try to add Remote Keyless Entry, it’ll force you to add half doors. The 80th Anniversary is the only “sport” trim that lets you add it without adding half doors.

To be honest, if this wasn’t the case, I would have ordered the Sport Altitude because when priced out it’s a better deal for me that anything else. Plus it comes with the same HD brakes and suspension as the Sahara

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Yes, thats what I'm talking about.

I'm confused. The 80th is technically a sport, but because of the 80th package it doesn't need the half door package for proxy unlock? Am I following? I tried reading the order guide, but the only thing I understood from it was that proxy unlock was an option. I couldn't tell if it needed a package or not.

I think my order is still in D status, is this fixable? How do I convince the dealer he's wrong and how to fix it?

Sponsored

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yes, thats what I'm talking about.

I'm confused. The 80th is technically a sport, but because of the 80th package it doesn't need the half door package for proxy unlock? Am I following? I tried reading the order guide, but the only thing I understood from it was that proxy unlock was an option. I couldn't tell if it needed a package or not.

I think my order is still in D status, is this fixable? How do I convince the dealer he's wrong and how to fix it?
This is correct. If you go into the Build & Price for a 80th anniversary, it lets you add it without adding half doors. As someone stated earlier, this stuff changes all the time. Basically whenever FCA feels like.

For some insane reason, they don’t allow the Sport models to add this option without adding the half doors. Car companies and the way they do trims and options will never make sense to me. It’s truly asinine. It’s a $695 option, why am I forced to add a $3500+ option just to get it?

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that is the case, that is separare from “Remote Start” which is what you are thinking of when you said it comes included in some packages. I don’t believe Keyless Entry comes included in any package.
That wasn't quite what I was thinking. Remote start is not the same as Remote Proximity and Remote Start is not the same as Remote Keyless. There are just too many things that start with Remote here. I am wrong about Remote Proximity being included in some packages. Remote proximity doesn't come with any Sport models. I scrolled too far on the order guide where Remote proximity comes with the Sahara High Altitude, which is why I said some include it. Also keep in mind the 80th is based on the Sport S not the Sport.

According to order guide, remote proximity doesn't require another option. It should have something under it like M/H or W/. You can see where some options have requirements in bold print below the option description and then you sometimes see multiple listings of the option because there are options that overlap or group together as in the Convenience and Cold Weather Groups in the bottom picture and will have different prices depending on other options selected. I''m sure there is thread somewhere on how to read the order guide. I will see if I can find one and post it here for you if I can.

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread Remote Proximity

Here is the Remote Keyless Entry section of order guide and which models include it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread Remote Keyless

The Remote Start is part of 2 packages. Either Convenience Group or Cold Weather Group.

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread Remote Start

I learned an interesting thing on this. I didn't realize you could only get the 80th with an auto transmission.

Sorry to be posting so much here lately, just trying to help. I have struggled thru this same process for a couple of years now myself.

I don't know about changing your order. My dealer said once it's ordered I couldn't change it. I would still like to think if it's in D status you could. Someone else that knows that part will have to answer for more certain.

Good Luck!

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do see where the online configurator makes you select the Dual Door option to get the Remote Proximity on the Sport model. However, this does not apply to the 80th model.

So there is either an error in the online configurator or a misprint in the order guide. I don't know how to tell which. This might be similar to what I went thru. Earlier in the year I couldn't get the online configurator to let me add the premium dual door option, only base. When I went to dealer later they said I could get the premium top and half doors. So, maybe the error is in the online configurator. Definitely more opportunity for error on web page coding than in Order guide printing.

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
Did anyone have issue getting the proximity unlock on theirs? My dealer says it standard, but I think he might be confusing the regular remote unlock so I'm not as convinced.
My JL80 did not come with proximity locks or remote start, not sure but o believe those are in the same package. It may be available with an upgrade order. I did not order mine, it was an impulse buy, lol.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
My JL80 did not come with proximity locks or remote start, not sure but o believe those are in the same package. It may be available with an upgrade order. I did not order mine, it was an impulse buy, lol.
Mine has the remote start, but not the proximity sensor, so they can be ordered separately.
Sponsored