Sponsored

radpacv

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary edition unlimited
For those that ordered with the Advanced Safety Group, do you have the auto-dim high beam function? It is listed as part of the Advanced Safety Group on the Jeep website but it is not enabled on ours.
We noticed the same thing with ours. So far, the dealer has confirmed that it should have been included but for some reason was missing on the build. They have yet to decide what they can do about. I've asked that it is either added to the jeep or we are refunded the cost of the advanced safety group.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
We noticed the same thing with ours. So far, the dealer has confirmed that it should have been included but for some reason was missing on the build. They have yet to decide what they can do about. I've asked that it is either added to the jeep or we are refunded the cost of the advanced safety group.
Thank you.

I have a case open with Jeep Wave and our local dealer but no movement or idea on how to get it enabled. One would think it would be relatively easy, FCA would add the option to the VIN and the dealer would update the vehicle with the new configuration. It is all software programming as the hardware is already installed on the Jeep.

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler, 2021 Wrangler, 2001 Cherokee
DID you see a change in gas mileage.
Thanks
Well the window sticker said 21/24 mpg but I struggle to even get 15 mpg average... I donā€™t think itā€™s entirely because of the larger tires though. I swapped the tires out on day 1 so I canā€™t really compare to anything.

I did notice my average mpg drop from 25 to 22 when I upgraded to these same tires on my 2 door JL last year so I suspect that should be similar on the 4 door. I just havenā€™t quite figured out why Iā€™m not even getting close to the advertised mileage.

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
Took the top off mine for the first time. I donā€™t foresee it going back on anytime soon.
C3E07E8F-133D-4D0F-A6ED-0F18AB8F9B35.jpeg
I'll be doing that on mine just as soon as it warms up
Well the window sticker said 21/24 mpg but I struggle to even get 15 mpg average... I donā€™t think itā€™s entirely because of the larger tires though. I swapped the tires out on day 1 so I canā€™t really compare to anything.

I did notice my average mpg drop from 25 to 22 when I upgraded to these same tires on my 2 door JL last year so I suspect that should be similar on the 4 door. I just havenā€™t quite figured out why Iā€™m not even getting close to the advertised mileage.
I'm only managing about 17 MPG on my 2 door and I have the same new tires as you.

Sponsored

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
Iā€™m totally stock with a 2.0 unlimited with auto trans at just under 1500 miles and do mostly city driving. Avg mpg has been steady at just under 20. Thatā€™s with using the remote start for 5-10 min a few times a week before and after work. So far Iā€™ve only put in 87 octane for what itā€™s worth. Was seriously considering swapping to 275/70/18 duratracs but not if the mpg is going to take that kind of kind of hit.

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
At 2,500 odometer miles, I drove my JLU80 110 miles a few days ago with a 20MPH tailwind and got 26.5 MPG (everything bone stock, 2.0 Turbo, std 18" wheels/tires). Later that same day, I drove the return trip directly into that same (now) headwind. I did not reset the MPG meter, but when I got home the MPG for the total trip indicated 24 MPG. (So roughly speaking, that would mean 21+ MPG on the return)

I could tell the engine was working much harder on the return, and there were times when the trans downshifted to 7th to maintain the 69 MPH cruise control setting.

Larger tires increase fuel consumption several ways. 1. higher rolling resistance, 2. higher mass and rolling inertia, 3. greater frontal area, 4. just like suspension lifts, both mods allow more air under the vehicle, which increase aero drag due to the highly irregular surface under the body and around engine, trans, skid plates, axles, etc.

Here are some other factors:

Light bars mounted above windshield are terrible aerodynamically. Air velocity (and drag) are maximum where the roof starts, so putting a high drag geometry at the top of the windshield has a strong effect on MPG. The best place for a light bar is at the base of the grill, where it has essentially no drag penalty. (Not a good option if a winch is installed.)

Unless wheeling, remove the spare tire. (When was the last time you had a flat tire on the freeway or local streets and needed to replace it with your spare.) I've driven about 1,000,000 miles in my lifetime and there has been exactly two times where I had to do a tire change on the road; once only 15 miles from home, the other on a road trip. So, figure each 100 lbs added to vehicle weight reduces city fuel consumption by roughly 1% (not so much an issue on a constant speed scenario).

On the freeway, vehicles get better fuel economy with the AC on and windows closed. I love removing my doors, but I do this at a penalty.

A recent YouTube video measured the amount of fuel required to perform the auto-stop restart function; idling over 7 seconds does indeed save money by turning the engine off. I personally love this feature and have come to expect it. These engine restart so smoothly and quickly that I like this feature. (Same on my wife's 2020 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6l)

I have not made a comparison test, but higher octane fuel will improve fuel mileage a bit, because an IC engine with advanced spark (permitted by the computer when sensing higher octane fuel) is thermodynamically more efficient. But, the efficiency increase does not offset the higher fuel cost.

Any disagreements here?

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyoneā€™s 80th anniversary come with protection film on the rear fenders? Mine did not but I noticed all the Saharas on the lot, as well as Rubicons with panted fenders, all had this included. I ended up buying the film online and installed myself because they started getting several rock chips and havenā€™t even hit 800 miles yet.

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
Did anyoneā€™s 80th anniversary come with protection film on the rear fenders? Mine did not but I noticed all the Saharas on the lot, as well as Rubicons with panted fenders, all had this included. I ended up buying the film online and installed myself because they started getting several rock chips and havenā€™t even hit 800 miles yet.
If itā€™s on mine it covers the entire fender. Thereā€™s a line all the way around about 1/8ā€ from the edge. Very hard to tell if itā€™s film or just the way it was molded.

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If itā€™s on mine it covers the entire fender. Thereā€™s a line all the way around about 1/8ā€ from the edge. Very hard to tell if itā€™s film or just the way it was molded.
The film I saw only covered the front-facing portion and stopped an inch or so on the top. I suppose it could be something that the dealers are installing.
Sponsored