80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread

Sarge80

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Jlu sport 80th anniversary
Picked it up last week off the lot, exactly how I would have built it. Struggled with decision on 33s on stock wheels or switching to 17s, but in the end went with 275/70/18 Duratracs on stock wheels. Just ust need to figure out what small lift/level I'm going to go with.
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread PXL_20201231_181759286

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread PXL_20201231_165457194
Sponsored

mikdes26

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary 2-door - Sarge Green
Picked up our 2-door yesterday off the lot. First Wrangler! Daily driver plus towing behind a motorhome.

We got lucky with the configuration. Cold-weather group, LED group, Safety group, and some others. Also wanted the 4 cyl and got it.

First additions will be side steps and possibly a tire upgrade and mudflaps.

Our motorhome is named “Ricky,” so this is “Little Ricky....” although my bro in law suggested “Lieutenant Dan” due to the color and duty of our Jeep.

Any votes on the name? Also suggestions on side steps?

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread CB12692B-C258-4240-92DF-415061062119

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Picked up our 2-door yesterday off the lot. First Wrangler! Daily driver plus towing behind a motorhome.

We got lucky with the configuration. Cold-weather group, LED group, Safety group, and some others. Also wanted the 4 cyl and got it.

First additions will be side steps and possibly a tire upgrade and mudflaps.

Our motorhome is named “Ricky,” so this is “Little Ricky....” although my bro in law suggested “Lieutenant Dan” due to the color and duty of our Jeep.

Any votes on the name? Also suggestions on side steps?

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread CB12692B-C258-4240-92DF-415061062119
Sick Jeep! Since it's Sarge Green, call it Sarge! Haha

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
I just picked up my 80th anniversary last week. Love it. I did have a quick question though. What is the 80th anniversary oak key fob medallion? It's listed on the build sheet, and I can't figure out what it is.

Sponsored

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I added the mud guards and tube steps myself. I was originally looking at a Sport S also but really wanted the color matched fenders. I was glad to see the 80th Ann. Edition come out.
Which brand mud guards do you have? Thinking of adding some also...

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone gave me a tip on this thread, so figured I'd repost here...

Just picked it up Saturday!

I ordered it from Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY and the whole experience was awesome! The team made everything really smooth and straightforward. All my questions were answered promptly and efficiently. My salesman Alex, was great to work with!

I live on Long Island (NY), so it was only an hour and 45 min drive to go pick it up.

I got exactly the Jeep I wanted at 4% under dealer invoice and they also honored the $500 rebate that Jeep was promoting on the Jeep web site in December (mine was good thru 1/23).

I placed my order on 12/3/20. The only tough thing was my Jeep build was completed on 12/11/20 (I could download the window sticker) and then I had to wait...and wait...for it to get shipped. It was delivered to the dealer on 1/8/21. So almost a month in limbo...

Here is my build:
  • 2021 Wrangler Unlimited 80th Anniversary 4x4
  • Bright White Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
  • 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop
  • 8 Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
  • Convenience Group (only if required)
  • Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
  • LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group
  • Safety Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 3.45 Overall Top Gear Ratio (Standard)
Observations so far:
  • I checked day after I drove it home and yes some fuses were loose. None were bad. But at least 10 needed to be pushed a little to be fully seated. I did not have any problems, but since I read about this issue in the forum, I figured it was worth checking out. I do like the fact that they provide spare fuses in the fuse box itself. đź‘Ť
  • I am so glad I went with the 8.4" display and premium sound system (as you know standard on 80th Anniversary model)
  • I do wish I had paid the extra $545 for the Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry. This is my first vehicle with a key fob and keyless ignition (my Nissan Pathfinder is a 2006). I have rented a couple vehicles with this feature on vacations. But I overlooked how much I would appreciate just keeping the key fob in my pocket and having keyless entry. Oh well, next time...
  • The Engine with Start Stop is a little weird getting used to. I may disable it, but haven't decided yet.
My first "mod" is going to be running boards...I just ordered the RedRock 4x4 OEM Style Side Step Bars. From photos they seem same quality as Mopar OEM. Will know for sure once I have them and install them.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock4x4-jeep-wrangler-oem-style-side-step-bars-j133622-jl.html

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread 20210109_155654
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread 20210109_161617

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
For those that ordered with the Advanced Safety Group, do you have the auto-dim high beam function? It is listed as part of the Advanced Safety Group on the Jeep website but it is not enabled on ours.

Sponsored

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
I just picked up my 80th anniversary last week. Love it. I did have a quick question though. What is the 80th anniversary oak key fob medallion? It's listed on the build sheet, and I can't figure out what it is.
A number of us have tried to figure that one out but no one seems to know what it is. My key fob is the standard one

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that ordered with the Advanced Safety Group, do you have the auto-dim high beam function? It is listed as part of the Advanced Safety Group on the Jeep website but it is not enabled on ours.
I'm guessing you have the Advanced Safety Group...how is it driving with the camera box at the top of the windshield? I considered the Advanced Safety Group for the adaptive cruise control, but decided against it because I didn't think I'd like how the box looked or driving with it in my view.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing you have the Advanced Safety Group...how is it driving with the camera box at the top of the windshield? I considered the Advanced Safety Group for the adaptive cruise control, but decided against it because I didn't think I'd like how the box looked or driving with it in my view.
We have the Advanced Safety Group on both my Gladiator and her 80th, do not even notice the box.
Sponsored