80th Anniversary Edition and standard options vs Sahara

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I just ordered an 80th in snazzberry on Feb.26th. It is available with the premium soft top, at least according to dealer and jeep site configurator.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
From the order guide, I made a list of items that Sahara Items that are not on the 80th. I did not list the Bright Sliver Accents on Sahara vs the Gun Metal/Tungsten accents on the 80th or the obvious Sahara vs 80th Badging

115V AUXILIARY POWER OUTLET (JKV) (edit)
ANTI-LOCK 4-WHEEL DISC HD BRAKES (BR6)
BLACK FUEL FILLER DOOR (XJN)
Note -I suspect this is the same as MOPAR BLACK FUEL FILLER DOOR XJD option
CONSOLE BIN TASK LIGHT (LDB)
INJECTION MOLDED BLACK REAR BUMPER (MBC)
Note -Included with Safety Group option
MEDIA HUB-2 USBS (BOTH CHARGE-ONLY) (RS2)
REMOTE USB PORT - CHARGE ONLY (RS3)
SIDE STEPS (MRK)
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER (XGD)
Note -Include with Convenience Group option

Last edited:
OP
OP
OMTBiker

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
From the order guide, I made a list of items that Sahara Items that are not on the 80th. I did not list the Bright Sliver Accents on Sahara vs the Gun Metal/Tungsten accents on the 80th or the obvious Sahara vs 80th Badging

SIDE STEPS (MRK)
Rear Console 120v AC and USB ports are not on the 80th. If ordering with Advanced Safety Group, the auto-dim high beam headlamp control is not included because the 80th is based on the Sport although the website shows it as part of the package.

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I just ordered an 80th in snazzberry on Feb.26th. It is available with the premium soft top, at least according to dealer and jeep site configurator.
Thatā€™s interesting. They must have updated the configurator, because it wasnā€™t an option on there a few weeks ago. Dealer couldnā€™t figure it out either.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s interesting. They must have updated the configurator, because it wasnā€™t an option on there a few weeks ago. Dealer couldnā€™t figure it out either.
I think something changed as well, because I went in thinking I could only get the standard soft top and luckily my dealer asked, are you sure you don't want the premium soft top. I said I wanted the premium, but couldn't configure one that way. They came back with the order sheet with the premium. When I got home I checked again, and I could configure it with the premium on jeep site. So either I missed it before or they changed something recently.

Sponsored

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rear Console 120v AC and USB ports are not on the 80th. If ordering with Advanced Safety Group, the auto-dim high beam headlamp control is not included because the 80th is based on the Sport although the website shows it as part of the package.

Well that's a bummer. I ordered the advanced safety group on mine. You would think the advanced safety group is the same no matter what they were putting it on if it is an available option. šŸ˜’

OP
OP
OMTBiker

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Well that's a bummer. I ordered the advanced safety group on mine. You would think the advanced safety group is the same no matter what they were putting it on if it is an available option. šŸ˜’
I have been going back and forth with Jeep on this since we picked up the other half's 80th in December and the feature was not listed under the option on the sticker, it is false advertising IMHO. They advertise the feature on the website as part of the group with no indication that the option is dependent on which Model. There are other features within the details for the option package that specifically call out it is dependent on model but the auto-dim feature does not have this disclaimer.

All of the hardware needed is there, this is really just a programming change that Jeep decided to not include on the models based on the Sport. My 21 JLUR has this feature, on the Gladiator mine didn't have it as it was built in November and they didn't start programming the feature in until the December builds.

Last edited:

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I ordered the advanced safety package, my online window sticker says 'auto-dim high beam headlamp control'. It isn't the end of the world but it does claim that is part of the package. I guess I will see in a couple weeks when it arrives.

OP
OP
OMTBiker

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the advanced safety package, my online window sticker says 'auto-dim high beam headlamp control'. It isn't the end of the world but it does claim that is part of the package. I guess I will see in a couple weeks when it arrives.
What is your VIN?

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
I can confirm the the PREMIUM SOFT TOP is a $595 OPTION. I ordered an 80th in Sarge Green late November and have been enjoy the premium soft top here in Florida since it arrived Jan 23rd. It is not on the online build sheet, but it is with the dealer. Sales code: STB

51073222-F841-4994-BFC0-6D18775149E8.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
OMTBiker

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Obviously it kind of sucks if the auto high beams is listed in the advanced safety but not included. As a glass half full point of view for 80th. The price increase of the JLU (likely JL as well) 80th Anniversary hasn't gone up as much as the other models. The Sport S mandatory technology group went up $300 which affect most Sport packages. Both of those are included in the 80th and the price of the package has not increased.

Since the beginning of the Year the base Sport S has increased $480 (without the 8.4), the 80th has gone up only $180. I went through all the configurations and looked at window stickers. Jeep listed the 80th JLU Package discount as $2475 I am not sure how Jeep determine that discount but it is the highest package discount for all JLU models, the next closest is Sport Altitude at $2300 and many of the other packages are in the 1000-2000 range.

The LED for the 80th have the Sport S pricing as well even though it has the Sahara fender LED's as well.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The LED for the 80th have the Sport S pricing as well even though it has the Sahara fender LED's as well.
Not really, you have to get the safety package with the LED package on the 80th so the cost is actually quite a bit more than on the Sahara. It is for that reason that I didn't order it on mine, I just put in the Oculus headlights and Morimoto XB fenders instead.

The 80th has quite a few things that make it probably the best value in the entire lineup. The 8.4 infotainment package as standard, the auto trans as standard, the body-color fenders, Sahara bumpers and wheels...that's a TON of content for the price. Build a similar Sahara and it's over $2k more. And if you're leasing, it's a slam dunk because you get essentially a Sahara, with a lower MSRP, with Sport rates and residuals. Thats HUGE.

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

115V AUXILIARY POWER OUTLET (JKV) (edit)
MEDIA HUB-2 USBS (BOTH CHARGE-ONLY) (RS2)
SIDE STEPS (MRK)
I don't think it has the LED interior ambient lighting or the all - season tires either. It comes only with the rougher ride all terrain tires. It also doesn't come with (I can be wrong), the mostly finished leather stitched dash, doors, and console. Sahara with cloth is very close to the premium wrapped dashboard with exception of the gauge cluster and bezel over the glove box. That can actually be added from Mopar later but not from the factory unless you order the leather package. However, the Sahara is dressed up more of a luxury look. Plus you have better tire rim options with the Sahara.

With that said, the 80th does IMO gives you more bang for the buck. Sticker on my 2021 Sahara is $47,450

I had to leave out a fully loaded vehicle to save money. Although my options of "Must haves" by getting remote start, 8.4 NAV and Alpine, hardtop, and LSD, I didn't get a bunch of other stuff that you can get with the 80th.

For less money, you can get the 80th with all that stuff I just listed in addition to: Cold Weather Group, Proximity key, Full-time automatic 4WD, and you can even add some Sahara standard features such as the universal garage door opener, Mopar fuel door, and Mopar side steps.

You can load it up with almost everything and still get it for less than what I paid for the Sahara with the same engine and transmission and all those other great features. I'm quite sure you can live without the ambient interior lighting....Wish I did my homework a little more before just jumping on the Sahara, but I still have no regrets. Love my new Jeep....
Sponsored

Last edited: