Sponsored

8 weeks, no VIN - JLUR in Canada. BG status.

Gretzky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered April 10th. Finally shipped August 13th. Arrival estimated September 12th. Cant wait!
Sponsored

Sponsored

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
JLUR Punk’n, dual top, 8.4, black leather, towing, coloured fenders. Pretty much all tricked out except LED and steel bumpers which weren’t available.
Very nice, ive ordered a similar rubicon but 7 weeks ago. No ship date but it shouldnt be to far off yours since it looks like Jeep is back to do Canadian orders.

OP
OP

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Very nice, ive ordered a similar rubicon but 7 weeks ago. No ship date but it shouldnt be to far off yours since it looks like Jeep is back to do Canadian orders.
For all we know they’ll all be sharing a train car. Weird to think about.

I’m not holding my breath over the shipping date. It’s four days away yet still at D1.

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door

I’m not holding my breath over the shipping date. It’s four days away yet still at D1.
I don't think mine is going on a train, i'm about 400km from the ohio plant. where do you live ?

OP
OP

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I don't think mine is going on a train, i'm about 400km from the ohio plant. where do you live ?
East of Toronto, similar distance as you. I was under the impression that all of the cross-border shipments were by train, for simpler logistics with customs and all that. Even a shipment to Windsor might first take a train all the way to Toronto, then a truck from Toronto back to Windsor.

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
East of Toronto, similar distance as you. I was under the impression that all of the cross-border shipments were by train, for simpler logistics with customs and all that. Even a shipment to Windsor might first take a train all the way to Toronto, then a truck from Toronto back to Windsor.
I've read in these forums ours is trucked over.

Sponsored

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
I just called Jeep chat and my status is also D1 but they said its only updated every 3 weeks after you get your Vin so possibly you can be much beyond that. I got mine about 2 weeks ago.

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
I ordered my jlur on July 18 and estimated shipping date for me went from sept 6 to sept 4.

I dunno if this helps anyone. I ordered from missisauga.

OP
OP

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've read in these forums ours is trucked over.
I can’t really speak from a position of knowledge on this.

My dealer was cautioning of possible delays in transport because of a shortage of train cars in the US - but I’m very skeptical of any info coming through the dealer. He’s in a better position to know....but still only knows the lies he’s been told.

I would think that by sheer volume of sales, train makes more sense than trucks for an area as populated as Toronto. There’s also more than enough rail traffic here to make it viable.

Some areas very close to the border - like Windsor - or with very small volumes of sales - maybe they are trucked over. It’s not impossible by any stretch.

CaptainCanuck

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU Firecracker Red
I ordered my JLUR on May 15. (red, LED lights, tow package, body colour fenders, dual-top). I think my order was processed the same as yours. Build date Aug 1. Dealer says it arrived in Montreal on train last Wednesday. Really hoping to see it this week (Ottawa) but not holding my breath.
15 weeks after ordering (May 15) and my red JLUR arrived at the dealer this morning. Finally! I pick it up on Tuesday. It supposedly arrived in Montreal by train 2.5 weeks ago - took an awfully long time to make the 1.5 hour trip to Ottawa.