Sponsored

8 Speed Transmission Serviced (850RE)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great job there Jay, don't know how I missed this thread as I've been dialed in to most all the ATF service threads :headbang:

Posted the question on the youtube site but if you check here too~
Do you happen to know the part # for the filter?
And the Lube Gard addition, I assume just for some added piece of mind? Never used any ATF additive so just curious.
Thanks for the great info!
Found the filter number
MOPAR 68417054AB
The gasket
MOPAR 68362042AA
And the gasket, Pan, and filter combo
MOPAR 68362041AB
Might as well just get the whole set, since the pan is only like $30 more at that point and includes all the pan bolts :)
Sponsored

Jeep1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Watching other YouTube videos, the ram trucks pans has a drain and fill bolts. Do you guys think it’s interchangeable? I would like to do a full pan drop, filter, fluid replacement at 40k and again at 50k just a drain and refill until the next major one.

Cat4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Thank you for the great video. I’m currently having some rough shifting issues with my 8spd, with 7K miles on it. I have some concern that it may have come from the factory low on fluid. Seeing that I only have 7K miles on it I don’t want to do a full fluid and filter change. My thought is to first check the level cold, just to see if any fluid comes out the drain/fill hole. Then get it hot and check again if nothing comes out fill it from there. Do you see any issue with this process?

First Name
Cipriano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If You did a complete flush how many quarts of trans oil is that? I have a JT but with the same 3.6 and 850RE transmission. I read somewhere I think 10 but I’m assuming that’s if you are able to get the trans oil completely out using the dealer flush machine?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the great video. I’m currently having some rough shifting issues with my 8spd, with 7K miles on it. I have some concern that it may have come from the factory low on fluid. Seeing that I only have 7K miles on it I don’t want to do a full fluid and filter change. My thought is to first check the level cold, just to see if any fluid comes out the drain/fill hole. Then get it hot and check again if nothing comes out fill it from there. Do you see any issue with this process?
Try this:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-transmission-fluid-level-check-process.85853/

Sponsored

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
This was the approach I took at 33k miles. I have the 850RE behind the 3.6L, which according to PPE, holds 1 more quart than stock in that configuration.

I drained a little over 5.5 Qts out.

Going with the 88 degree temp and running it through through the gears, it took 7 Qts to fill back up. Even after doing the gear changing process twice, it only took a few ounces more oil before it came back out the filler.

This leads me to believe it was a little low from the factory.

Either way, the oil was cleaner than I expected and I do see a little cooler temps that before.
Sponsored