Sponsored

8 Speed Auto vs. the Rocky Mountains

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I just want to express my admiration for this Auto tranny. When I went shopping for this JL Sport S, I really wanted a manual, but was convinced to try the auto, right after the manual test drive. I was sold on it.
Well, I was sold on it, after the drive. Now, nearly 10 months after driving it,to and from work, in Houston, I was missing the interaction of a manual.
Well, on vacation, we drove from Houston to Boulder Colorado, did some driving through windy mountain roads, and had a blast. Fast forward a few days, and a few easy off road trails, and it just got better. We've been all over Estes Park, and Ft Collins area, with steep winding roads, and highways. Much of my driving was done in manual shifting mode, and I used the engine to slow me down, a lot, sometimes not touching the brakes at all.
In manual mode, the shifts are fast, and easy to use, becoming easier than my past manual tranny vehicles.
Two thumbs up for this 8 Speed Auto.
Sponsored

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
I too am thoroughly impressed with the 8spd auto... just came back from a trip to West Virginia. Towed my 16' trailer with quads and cabin loaded down with gear... it performed flawlessly loaded down and unloaded on all the mountain roads.

On a side note: driving through all the twists & turns, up the mountain and down was awesome.... for a few days... after a week I was happy to be heading back to straight flat roads of home :P

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I've been driving in and out of the Rocky Mountain National Park, all week, several hours a day. Up and down the mountain roads, using the engine and tranny, to slow down, was easy.
Sponsored