Sponsored

8.4 UConnect Rebooting every 3 minutes new JLU

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Sting Grey ,2017 Lexus RX350 F - Sport, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
UNBELIEVABLE took my 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL in today to service dept because my unit started rebooting every 3 minutes. Making everything disconnect. It would then reboot. Making use of any of the bluetooth, music, all apps etc useless. Even with the unit off it continues to reboot. Service dept told me it is an over the air update that is being pushed out by region. Started at end of July. No timeline on when I will get it.
Called FCA and was told just had to wait! They said no estimate of time and nothing they could do about it. I cannot believe they could care less! The Service dept is not able to do anything because they will not give them the update to download.

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS CONTACTS AT FCA OR SOMEONE FOR ME TO CALL. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN PROVIDE.

Advise if anyone else has this issue. I am at my wit's end.
Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Ours started re-booting today which only started after the Off Road Pages update arrived on Saturday. Not sure how to fix it since we cant force an update it seems.

OP
OP
mjshaq

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Sting Grey ,2017 Lexus RX350 F - Sport, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Now my battery is dead every morning as well. It continues to reboot even when Jeep is off. I am starting to think Lemon Law!

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
We're in a new era of when you purchase something it's not really yours. Is there anyway to stop OTA updates once you are satisfied with the software?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
We're in a new era of when you purchase something it's not really yours. Is there anyway to stop OTA updates once you are satisfied with the software?
Yeah, there should be a way, I HATE automatic updates as if you knowingly update and something goes wrong you know what happened and you usually can roll it back. If I have time today after putting brakes on in laws car & other things I may didg deeper into the Uconnect updates functionality.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Now my battery is dead every morning as well. It continues to reboot even when Jeep is off. I am starting to think Lemon Law!
@mjshaq

Curious, have you tried fuse removal to power off the 8.4 radio so it is not able to reboot, over and over?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Why is it rebooting? Is it trying to download the update but can’t or has it already been updated OTA?

I didn’t think the update was automatic. I thought you had to press a button to approve the software update.

OP
OP
mjshaq

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New update::
Jeep was towed to Dealership 2 weeks ago because battery was dead every morning. After getting FCA involved and Jeep Cares we finally got a replacement unit authorized along with both batteries being replaced as well. So far after picking up everything is working well. It was tough due to them getting to understand issue of rebooting and battery going dead had to get Jeep towed to finally get them to take action.
Sponsored