8.4 Uconnect Radio - Turns off and on

Iowamoab

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL moab
I have seen and heard several complaints about this radio (on my second one). Got in my 2018 JL MOAB Friday to leave on a 3 hour trip and the radio cycles on and off every 30 seconds. Tried all the resets called JEEP Cares and they had no idea of this happening, need to take it to service to review. Anyone else have same issue, I see posts of the issue but no resolutions???
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have seen and heard several complaints about this radio (on my second one). Got in my 2018 JL MOAB Friday to leave on a 3 hour trip and the radio cycles on and off every 30 seconds. Tried all the resets called JEEP Cares and they had no idea of this happening, need to take it to service to review. Anyone else have same issue, I see posts of the issue but no resolutions???
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP

Iowamoab

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL moab
Alison, I have a case opened, and the jeep is at the dealership now. I was looking for known issues, so that I am prepared. no one seems to post a resolution after the initial post. Can't believe this is my second radio (that still cuts out occasionally), second back up camera, several software updates (i get that no big deal), and now the radio/screen just cycles on and off and no one has a clue what is going on, and my guess is they will just replace radio, which they have already told me they don't have any idea when they will get parts if they have to order parts. Again, which is awesome you spend 60k on a vehicle that you can't get working properly in a timely manner.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Alison, I have a case opened, and the jeep is at the dealership now. I was looking for known issues, so that I am prepared. no one seems to post a resolution after the initial post. Can't believe this is my second radio (that still cuts out occasionally), second back up camera, several software updates (i get that no big deal), and now the radio/screen just cycles on and off and no one has a clue what is going on, and my guess is they will just replace radio, which they have already told me they don't have any idea when they will get parts if they have to order parts. Again, which is awesome you spend 60k on a vehicle that you can't get working properly in a timely manner.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Please feel free to reach out via PM if you need any additional support.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP

Iowamoab

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL moab
just got jeep back, and as expected they are recommending a new radio. Internal Failure, the code it threw could mean a few things, so since this is the 3rd radio, i certainly hope they check the other 2 options IE: electrical issue that the code could also mean. but of course the easy fix is yet another radio. lets hope this same issue doesn't keep happening and when my jeep is out of warranty i am SOL. they say 7-10 days before they get my radio, then i will have to make an appointment which will probably be out another 5 days since they are already booked, so driving without controls for almost a month before this issue is going to be possibly fixed.
Sponsored