Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks Stoowie - mind checking one more thing? If you hold down Driver side up temperature, Driver side down temperature, and front defrost together for a few seconds, it will take the radio to dealer mode which allows you to see the actual application version installed like the attached picture.
Hiuc6f-AQat4TsuZzaq7EGLQ=w1590-h1193-no_authuser=0.jpg

Jeff
Sorry my car is with my wife won't be back till later
I’m having trouble understanding what “is called Y-07” and “on the R.O” means.
Thne name of the software update is called Y-07 according to Jeep. The RO means the repair order I signed last week when the Jeep dealer installed the upgrade
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry my car is with my wife won't be back till later

Thne name of the software update is called Y-07 according to Jeep. The RO means the repair order I signed last week when the Jeep dealer installed the upgrade
It would be helpful to know what your “Software version” and “Application version” are now.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The actual software is called Y-07 and I had it installed last week and on the R.O. it clearly says thats what was installed and minew works perfectly.
No. Y07 is the clutch recall that involves flashing the PCM. It has nothing to do with UConnect.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no idea what u are talking about
Hold driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously to enter dealer mode. From there, navigate to versions. Tell us your application version, as that’s the one that matters.

If all you had done was Y07, you did not get any update to your UConnect.

Sponsored

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Got the update and I’m also about 50/50 with the backup lines. I used to never lose them. Not sure what happened.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the update and I’m also about 50/50 with the backup lines. I used to never lose them. Not sure what happened.
Can you go into dealer mode (see a few posts above) and tell us the app version?

gssnyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I haven't lost back up lines (yet) but I've had all kinds of other Uconnect issues! I've got a 2020 JLUR with the 8.4 and mine started with my SiriusXM favorites not showing up and escalated to the screen freezing up, no controls being usable, nothing on initial start up, etc. I've had the head unit replaced once already but that didn't fix anything. I'm not holding my breath that this latest update will fix it but we shall see!

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
I completely understand that and I'll provide you with the information that I have available. In an effort to avoid overpowering the cell towers, FOTA updates are not rolled out to all VINs at once.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

I do not want to be un-respectful, but this is another disinformation just to justify the Uconnect disaster. If the concern is not to overpowering the cell towers you can provide the update via https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html.

The good listener few words…

Sponsored

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Most likely it is the same reason most software updates are slowly rolled out. To make sure there aren’t any major issues introduced to everyone at the same time.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Did we really need another new thread about this? It's been talked about in countless others...

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I just want Android Auto without the cord. That's all I want.