Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Hello,

We appreciate everyone's patience as we get the software update rolled out to everyone. However, if anyone is experiencing specific concerns or is currently working with their dealers to get their concerns addressed, please let our team know if you need anything at all!

We want to make sure that everyone's situations are properly addressed and receive the appropriate level of attention.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Why can't ya'll just send the update out to everyone? Seems like it's picking and choosing who to send it to.
Sponsored

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I remember how it was to be a bright eyed, hopeful new owner of UConnect software. Now I'm an angry, grizzled veteran of two updates. And with a hardened heart I tell you you'll never have permanent backup lines. NEVER!!

MBZB.gif
I, on the other hand, have never not had backup lines. Weird.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Hello,

We appreciate everyone's patience as we get the software update rolled out to everyone. However, if anyone is experiencing specific concerns or is currently working with their dealers to get their concerns addressed, please let our team know if you need anything at all!

We want to make sure that everyone's situations are properly addressed and receive the appropriate level of attention.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Maybe just a little more information and clarity on the roll out schedule.

Is it going to be pushed to everyone without any additional prompting?

Does the vehicle need to be on / driving / does a uConnect reset accelerate the request?

Is there a specific version for 4xe vs. other JL/JLUs? Can we confirm what version we should receive?

Is there a deployment plan? i.e., is it regional, by VIN, by some other registration date?

As a software developer/architect I get it's a non-trivial exercise and that Jeep (Stellantis) isn't in the primary business of software engineering, but when it effects an important operational system in the vehicle, all owners want is more transparency.

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
Hello,

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
You guys write a good looking message but when the time comes you do nothing.

Just see the in your files the case number 79666969 and you will see.

I just asked to apply TSB 08-003-21 to my JLU and you did not help at all.

Attachments

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hello,

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
So it looks like the update was done on my 18 Rubicon with manual shift. However, now when I drive on my screen i'm seeing the numbers of the gears appearing on the screen going from 1 to 6. Is that something new?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So it looks like the update was done on my 18 Rubicon with manual shift. However, now when I drive on my screen i'm seeing the numbers of the gears appearing on the screen going from 1 to 6. Is that something new?
That is unrelated to any UConnect update. It means your dealer applied recall Y07 (very surprised they wouldnā€™t tell you they did that). Jeep app will show you confirmation of the same.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
That is unrelated to any UConnect update. It means your dealer applied recall Y07 (very surprised they wouldnā€™t tell you they did that). Jeep app will show you confirmation of the same.
They acyually told me that they were dong the clutch recall and i just checked the service order and yes it does say YO7 but I didn't know that because of the update I now have the screen showing me the manual numbers on screen. To me it's just annoying

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Received the update yesterday. Hopefully it has resolved my back up grid lines from disappearing. šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Anyone who has received the update gone into the dealer mode to see the actual software version? Be curious to see if I got the update or I'm still waiting.

Sponsored

xxHeyManxx

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon (Firecracker Red)
I've had the lines issue AND the favorites issue since day one back in March. Hopefully I get the OTA Update soon, the lines gets annoying!
Right?! literally any time I REALLY need the lines they are not there! The dealer keeps telling me they dont know what is wrong.. obviously a lie. I am glad to hear there is an fix coming soon.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Anyone who has received the update gone into the dealer mode to see the actual software version? Be curious to see if I got the update or I'm still waiting.
The actual software is called Y-07 and I had it installed last week and on the R.O. it clearly says thats what was installed and minew works perfectly.

jstoddard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The actual software is called Y-07 and I had it installed last week and on the R.O. it clearly says thats what was installed and minew works perfectly.
Thanks Stoowie - mind checking one more thing? If you hold down Driver side up temperature, Driver side down temperature, and front defrost together for a few seconds, it will take the radio to dealer mode which allows you to see the actual application version installed like the attached picture.
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4 Uconnect OTA Update on Sat July 10th fixed backup lines? Hiuc6f-AQat4TsuZzaq7EGLQ=w1590-h1193-no_authuser=0

Jeff

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Maybe just a little more information and clarity on the roll out schedule.

Is it going to be pushed to everyone without any additional prompting?

Does the vehicle need to be on / driving / does a uConnect reset accelerate the request?

Is there a specific version for 4xe vs. other JL/JLUs? Can we confirm what version we should receive?

Is there a deployment plan? i.e., is it regional, by VIN, by some other registration date?

As a software developer/architect I get it's a non-trivial exercise and that Jeep (Stellantis) isn't in the primary business of software engineering, but when it effects an important operational system in the vehicle, all owners want is more transparency.
I completely understand that and I'll provide you with the information that I have available. In an effort to avoid overpowering the cell towers, FOTA updates are not rolled out to all VINs at once. There is no additional prompting that you can do in order to trigger a software update, so a Uconnect reset will not accelerate the likelihood of the download.. Your vehicle simply needs enough time in an area with good cell coverage so that it has the chance to search for software updates and bring it to your attention.

All customers will be receiving the same software, but there are multiple starting software levels, which means multiple campaigns to hit each starting level. More information on the recent FOTA that's being released in regard to these can be found within the TSB below.

Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4 Uconnect OTA Update on Sat July 10th fixed backup lines? 1626726817827

I hope this helps provide some of the clarification you were hoping for. If anyone needs assistance of any kind, please don't be afraid to let us know!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m having trouble understanding what ā€œis called Y-07ā€ and ā€œon the R.Oā€ means.
Sponsored