Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Mine has always had backup camera guidelines since day one. I've had some updates and nothing ever seems to change on mine. Now that I've said that I'll lose my backup lines lol.
I’ve had two updates to the 8.4” UConnect and never lost the backup lines. Also never have any problems with iPhone 11 connected via cable. I don’t bother with Bluetooth because the audio compression algorithm is lossy. Much better sound quality when connected via wire.
Sponsored

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
Never had an issue with any part of my JL. Rubicon. So you get better audio sound not using the Bluetooth?

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
I drag off-road-pages down to my favorites bar on the main screen but for some reason it resets and disappears every few days. Sometimes I get backup lines, sometimes I don't. Off Road Pages takes up to 30 seconds to load. I sometimes get disappearing app icons or the icons show as question marks.

My largest gripe with U-connect is that I can't seem to prevent the radio from coming on at startup no matter how I leave the system. I have a narrow path to back out of my garage and I hate when the radio pops on every time when I did not request music. Same issue when I'm just trying to back up my trailer or pull out of a busy parking spot. It's a distraction that I don't need at that exact moment.

Sponsored

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
Have not seen the update as of yet, I have a 2020 Willys Diesel, wonder if thats why?

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Never had an issue with any part of my JL. Rubicon. So you get better audio sound not using the Bluetooth?
Yup! Bluetooth compresses and loses details. If you connect via cord then you get substantially better audio quality!

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
...I think it has to do with another race condition on when the phone is connected vs when the system fully boots up as to when the Bluetooth is fully synced or not....
You must be a developer. :)

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
You must be a developer. :)
Not a developer, however I have done some coding in my day, and I still do some scripting and QA/validation engineering work for my company. You can take the man out of tech, but you can't take the tech out of the man. LOL

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a developer, however I have done some coding in my day, and I still do some scripting and QA/validation engineering work for my company. You can take the man out of tech, but you can't take the tech out of the man. LOL
We manage a bunch of Macs in enterprise, lots of shell scripting, we also secure/manage the Macs, and we deploy software to them.

The backup lines issue and Jeep's staging process for deploying updates, so we are all kept updated, seems overly cautious. Or maybe the process needs refinement. There shouldn't be so many Jeep owners complaining about the issue, if our software is kept updated for us.

Sponsored

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
We manage a bunch of Macs in enterprise, lots of shell scripting, we also secure/manage the Macs, and we deploy software to them.

The backup lines issue and Jeep's staging process for deploying updates, so we are all kept updated, seems overly cautious. Or maybe the process needs refinement. There shouldn't be so many Jeep owners complaining about the issue, if our software is kept updated for us.
Our company specializes in policy driven automation of the encryption key lifecycle operations, from a centrally managed single-pane-of-glass tool. I helped name the company (I'm considered one of the grey beards I've been here so long) and have been here for over 7 years now, and we also are fairly cautious when testing/deploying updates. Hell, our IT staff is about 3 weeks behind as well. HAHA

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Our company specializes in policy driven automation of the encryption key lifecycle operations, from a centrally managed single-pane-of-glass tool. I helped name the company (I'm considered one of the grey beards I've been here so long) and have been here for over 7 years now, and we also are fairly cautious when testing/deploying updates. Hell, our IT staff is about 3 weeks behind as well. HAHA
Yep, our staging process begins with LAB testing, then early-adapter testing (non critical users), then we go through a Change Control process (lots of people have to approve), then we deploy to 5 or 10% of users (with defined post-certification by a list of targeted users), then if no issues, a 20% stage, then increase scope until all users get it.

The Change Control process requires a "backout plan", however since macOS doesn't provide a way to restore previous state, we usually come up with some other way to back out.

Sorry for going off on a tangent folks, but the topic is relevant. It would be nice to get feedback from Jeep on how they stage their software updates. Just about every staging process includes early-adapters, I'm happy to be one if possible.

Bear in mind, early-adapters does not equate to canary-in-a-coal-mine. :) Early-adapters are used once all testing has been completed, and the decision has been made to begin deployment.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares send help ✋🏼I’ve gone from no lines to no screen. Was hoping to never talk to you guys again 😏

036EBA14-D7CF-4AA8-BAA7-110731FF46BB.jpeg