First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
Anyone else get this update as well? Hoping it fixed the disappearing back-up lines. Been driving post-update since saturday and haven't lost the lines... yet

Once update is over, there is a button to see what has been changed but no information given....

TLDR since update -
1. Backup lines have worked for 48 hours
2. Assist features now work (first time since purchase a month ago.)

Anyone else who got this update notice any other changes?

Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4 Uconnect OTA Update on Sat July 10th fixed backup lines? 1626113040427
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
It 100% resolved my backup line issue!

New issue though, which is minor to me, but the bluetooth phone saved favorites gets lost and has to be re-set/entered. Other than that, everything does seem to be snappier and more reliable. Gotta love technology.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

New issue though, which is minor to me, but the bluetooth phone saved favorites gets lost and has to be re-set/entered. Other than that, everything does seem to be snappier and more reliable. Gotta love technology.
Dude, I have never, ever, ever been able to save any bluetooth phone favorites, or any numbers at all for that matter. Every restart clears them out and always has. My main issue is still that my phone disconnects from android auto anytime I unlock the screen (or AA crashes on unlock). I think that's a Samsung issue, but annoying as hell. Luckily, on my 7" screen I've never had the backup lines issues others report. Knock on wood.

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
My AA used to have major hiccups w/ the UConnect, but ever since the update, it seems to be much smoother and seamless. As for the favorites, mine will save for a while, then suddenly disappear. I think it has to do with another race condition on when the phone is connected vs when the system fully boots up as to when the Bluetooth is fully synced or not. After the update though, I no longer need to unlock my phone for AA to work: simply plug it up and go.

OP
OP
dennis2society

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
Dude, I have never, ever, ever been able to save any bluetooth phone favorites, or any numbers at all for that matter. Every restart clears them out and always has. My main issue is still that my phone disconnects from android auto anytime I unlock the screen (or AA crashes on unlock). I think that's a Samsung issue, but annoying as hell. Luckily, on my 7" screen I've never had the backup lines issues others report. Knock on wood.
I've had issues saving phones in the past but thought it had to do with fact that I was always resettiing uconnect to get the lines back up. I want to say that I"m tough and don't need the lines but sadly not the case. I can parallel park without them but takes longer and I seem to rub against curb more....

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My AA used to have major hiccups w/ the UConnect, but ever since the update, it seems to be much smoother and seamless. As for the favorites, mine will save for a while, then suddenly disappear. I think it has to do with another race condition on when the phone is connected vs when the system fully boots up as to when the Bluetooth is fully synced or not. After the update though, I no longer need to unlock my phone for AA to work: simply plug it up and go.
Looks like you have the 8" UConnect. Mine is the 7" and don't think I've seen that update yet. I'll get into it later this afternoon and see if there's a version or build date listed.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude

I've had the lines issue AND the favorites issue since day one back in March. Hopefully I get the OTA Update soon, the lines gets annoying!

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I remember how it was to be a bright eyed, hopeful new owner of UConnect software. Now I'm an angry, grizzled veteran of two updates. And with a hardened heart I tell you you'll never have permanent backup lines. NEVER!!

MBZB.gif

sfurash53

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
I don't know if I got the update but if I did no backup lines

Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
My back up lines keep disappearing and reappearing. This just started. So is this because of the update or because I need the update? How do I get the update?

rmasonjr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sport Altitude
Same here. The saved presets only save until my wife or daughter connect their phone, then when I go back to mine, nothing is saved.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Mine has always had backup camera guidelines since day one. I've had some updates and nothing ever seems to change on mine. Now that I've said that I'll lose my backup lines lol.
Sponsored