Sponsored

8.4" U-connect; What do you get for an extra $1845?

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot - never use, we all have unlimited data plans
  • 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display - bigger is nice
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System (w Subwoofer) - this is a must and you can get with the normal 7" radio
  • Emergency / Assistance Call - never used and has expired
  • GPS Navigation - use rarely and only if happen to be in a spot that wireless phone doesn't have signal, otherwise apple, google and wayz provide better navigation
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control - wasn't a feature in '19 but would be welcome. drove a rental with it and it was nice
  • HD™ Radio - don't care, only listen to music from phone or Sirius or usb drive which all are available with 7" radio
  • Rear View Auto-Dimming Mirror - this is nice feature
  • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1-Yr Trial - never used and i've let expire
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus- never used and i've let expire
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traff- never used and i've let expireic™ Service- never used and i've let expire
  • SiriusXM® Travel Link- never used and i've let expire
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link S - never used and i've let expire
Offroad pages are cool but some of that is available on dash and really most of it is just telling you what you already know.

I'm thinking about getting a '21, if we survive this, if they make '21s, if they offer sarge, if they don't jack prices and if all the moons align, i will probably just get the 7" with Alpine Speaker setup.
So these creepy tracker things can be turned off permanently then?
Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 7" screen and am perfectly happy with it. Honestly if the JLUR didn't have the 7" standard and had the 5" I would have been fine with that screen size. I'm sure the auto-headlight control would have been nice but I never noticed much of a problem doing it the old fashioned method. For the auto-dimming mirror, that would have been nice but I like the ability to flip it up and down (lets me check on my kids without turning around). I'm not an audiophile and the standard sound system is good if not fantastic. I'm sure its an upgrade some people would notice and appreciate but I'm not one of them. The only thing I really would appreciate is the subwoofer, but to my mind it wasn't worth the upgrade for me personally.