Sponsored

8.4" U-connect; What do you get for an extra $1845?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
We were ready to place a custom order for a Rubicon but our plans have been interrupted.

While we wait for the factory to reopen I have been looking at in stock Jeeps, and they have options I have not previously considered.

So, now I am wondering what you get for $1845 when you option up to the 8.4" U-Connect.

FWIW I already know you get another 1.4" screen display (on the diagonal). :)

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
  • 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System (w Subwoofer)
  • Emergency / Assistance Call
  • GPS Navigation
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control
  • HD™ Radio
  • Rear View Auto-Dimming Mirror
  • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1-Yr Trial
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traffic™ Service
  • SiriusXM® Travel Link
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are each and every one of those bullet point items not included with the basic U-Connect 4?

The Jeep website seems to have just copied and pasted what you wrote here.

Is there a place to compare and contrast the details of each so I am not led to assume the U-Connect 4 has no features and the U-connect 4C is packed with them?

Thank you.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
You also get the active noise cancelling system on the 2.0T, might be just me but the noise isolation performance in my cabin is incredible, and I don’t hear much noise at all even with mud terrains.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is subwoofer that comes with the Alpine sound system and additional speaker or does it replace a lesser grade speaker?

More specifically, does upgrading to the "Alpine" system decrease the cargo room in the rear of the Jeep?

Thank you.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot - never use, we all have unlimited data plans
  • 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display - bigger is nice
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System (w Subwoofer) - this is a must and you can get with the normal 7" radio
  • Emergency / Assistance Call - never used and has expired
  • GPS Navigation - use rarely and only if happen to be in a spot that wireless phone doesn't have signal, otherwise apple, google and wayz provide better navigation
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control - wasn't a feature in '19 but would be welcome. drove a rental with it and it was nice
  • HD™ Radio - don't care, only listen to music from phone or Sirius or usb drive which all are available with 7" radio
  • Rear View Auto-Dimming Mirror - this is nice feature
  • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1-Yr Trial - never used and i've let expire
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus- never used and i've let expire
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traff- never used and i've let expireic™ Service- never used and i've let expire
  • SiriusXM® Travel Link- never used and i've let expire
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link S - never used and i've let expire
Offroad pages are cool but some of that is available on dash and really most of it is just telling you what you already know.

I'm thinking about getting a '21, if we survive this, if they make '21s, if they offer sarge, if they don't jack prices and if all the moons align, i will probably just get the 7" with Alpine Speaker setup.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am still wondering about the sub woofer. I saw a floor flush mount example, but I think it was in a JK.

Does the Alpine sub woofer on the JL Unlimited take up what would otherwise be available as cargo space?
Sponsored