Sponsored

8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Jeepcares I have an appointment tomorrow as well for the same issue. Are you able to assist in case they sent to replace under warranty?
Yes, please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Back when I bought my Jeep two years ago people were talking about from pushing on the screen in the same spot over and over it would burn an indention of their thumb print. so I bought that screen protector and it won't happen if you have that screen protector because if it did you can take it off put a new one on but I have no problems since I put that on there on day one

Mrsinister

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Not sure if there is a new threat out here but on a 20' JLR. I've babies this thing for the 3 months I've owned it. Noticed today. Wtf.

IMG_20201020_172523.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
@JeepCares

So my 3 month old JLUR touchscreen has finger wear on the actual screen. The finish is coming off where it is touched the most. My local dealer took a few pics and sent them to Jeep Canada requesting a replacement unit (I have a pretty good relationship with this dealer). Jeep Canada has denied the request, basically denying me warranty. I have not been offered a reasonable explanation to why I'm being denied outside of "user damage". As with all my screen I've only used a damp lint free lens cloth to clean it. I'm not looking for people to tell me that i should've bought a screen protector as I've owned several wranglers (and still own) over the years and have never experienced this issue. These screens should not wear like this simply from touching them. Sorry for the rant.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so what outcomes have you been offered?

Cheers :beer:

My '18 JLUR screen after 3 months!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? IMG_20201020_172523

Below is My '11 JKU after nearly 8 years of use, My '17 JKU screen still looks new.
Did you put one of the screen protectors on there? I did and it makes a big difference

Rpad426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Okay so my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk was doing the same thing. It looked like I use sandpaper to clean it. Also had spots where my finger wore off the factory tint from repeatedly pushing in the same spot. Of course my Jeep isn't under warranty anymore so I took care of it myself. I use 91% rubbing alcohol and a soft towel to remove all the tint from the touch screen down to the glass. It took a little while to get it off but 99%
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? 20210213_181010
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? 20210213_104652
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? 20210213_180954
came off! Then I bought a high quality glass screen protector and carefully installed it as per instructions. Now it looks brand new! Oil on our fingertips and hand sanitizer will cause the tint to wear off prematurely.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
oh man, screen protector ordered!

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Okay so my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk was doing the same thing. It looked like I use sandpaper to clean it. Also had spots where my finger wore off the factory tint from repeatedly pushing in the same spot. Of course my Jeep isn't under warranty anymore so I took care of it myself. I use 91% rubbing alcohol and a soft towel to remove all the tint from the touch screen down to the glass. It took a little while to get it off but 99%
came off! Then I bought a high quality glass screen protector and carefully installed it as per instructions. Now it looks brand new! Oil on our fingertips and hand sanitizer will cause the tint to wear off prematurely.....
The problem is the screen is delaminating and a problem with the early screens. I had same issue and they gave me a new radio.

pbanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude

jeffsw10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Listerine mouthwash and microfiber towel to remove anti glare film. Takes about 20 mins to completely come off.
Is this a real solution? I having the same issues and was thinking of doing this and then installing the screen protector.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Is this a real solution? I having the same issues and was thinking of doing this and then installing the screen protector.
@jeffsw10

No, do not do absolutely stupido chitt like that to your pricey 8.4 radio.

IF, the radio screen is de-laminating or has other issues, do go to the stealership and have the radio replaced while it is covered by warranty.

DO just clean the radio with a damp microfiber cloth... BEST BET is to have a screen protector on the radio from day one of ownership.
Sponsored