Sponsored

8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF?

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
If nothing else you sold a lot of screen protectors today :)....just ordered mine and never would have even thought about it as being necessary.
Sponsored

GeneralRizzo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Not sure if it was really 100% necessary as I think the OP has a defective coating on their screen, but I just installed a screen protector after reading through this. 10 bucks for peace of mind I guess. Why is it damn near impossible to install one without a little piece of dust or hair getting between it and the display? First world problems...

Those of you out there who refuse to put a screen protector on, please keep us posted if you start to show signs of wear.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
After seeing this post is the reason I put one on 12 bucks on eBay why not oh that's right some people say it supposed to look bad it's a Jeep okay be cool and have scratches and a messme up screen on a $55,000 jeep is the way I look at

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Kinda looks like the top layer is de-laminating, especially in the pictures posted by someone else with the issue. I'll note that the screen they use on the JL looks like the screen Chrysler started using in 2015 on the new rams and such. The older 8.4 screens have a different coating (more matte, instead of glossy)

Cynthia1219

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
@SpyDJeep @JeepCares

Just wondering if anything ever came from this in regards to replacement or repair? I was cleaning my Jeep yesterday and noticed the start of what looks like the same wear on the touch screen you have. It is were I switch apps for Apple CarPlay. My Jeep only has 11k miles. I wouldnā€™t expect this amount of degradation already. I had a 2011 Grand Cherokee and the screen looked pristine when I traded it in. Not sure if it is a faulty anti glare covering similar to what MacBooks had not to long ago (Apple replaced all of those under warranty). Here is a photo of mine. I plan to put a screen cover on it but Iā€™ll wait to show the dealer first.

E5F940B9-82F5-4A7F-8963-3F69E1E10E90.jpeg

72AF1E42-2157-4A76-8FF8-5B9DDF4722C6.jpeg
B2845582-4895-46D1-9952-74DD0BC592C7.jpeg

91EE07B5-26DD-4812-8A01-BE2742952042.jpeg

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
9 dollar screen protector. Was the first mod to my Jeep. I have 30k on it no wear marks

Mnloechler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler ULR
@JeepCares

So my 3 month old JLUR touchscreen has finger wear on the actual screen. The finish is coming off where it is touched the most. My local dealer took a few pics and sent them to Jeep Canada requesting a replacement unit (I have a pretty good relationship with this dealer). Jeep Canada has denied the request, basically denying me warranty. I have not been offered a reasonable explanation to why I'm being denied outside of "user damage". As with all my screen I've only used a damp lint free lens cloth to clean it. I'm not looking for people to tell me that i should've bought a screen protector as I've owned several wranglers (and still own) over the years and have never experienced this issue. These screens should not wear like this simply from touching them. Sorry for the rant.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? If so what outcomes have you been offered?

Cheers :beer:

My '18 JLUR screen after 3 months!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? 13C9F466-F0DA-4E02-A8E8-BCB70CF198F3
Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Touchscreen wear!!!! WTF? 13C9F466-F0DA-4E02-A8E8-BCB70CF198F3

Below is My '11 JKU after nearly 8 years of use, My '17 JKU screen still looks new.
Yes my 2019 JLUR 8.4 screen has the same issue...
I just made a appointment to take it in.
I am Expecting Jeep to replace the screen.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
first of all from day one I saw other people having that problem when I bought my JL two years ago. So I put the screen protector on that will stop it. I had problems with my radio not working with my uconnect GPS showing where my feet was my dealer order me a new radio talk about 3 months cuz they're on national backorder I got it a week ago and they put me a new radio in and they approved it with no problems they're going to have to write it up that there's something wrong with the radio not working right like the GPS or something then they can replace it under warranty that way. There's been a lot of people have problems with the radio that 8.4 + that's why they're on backorder but that's all I got my new radio put in they just need to ride it up something wrong with the radio and you'll get it replaced tell them to do it that way

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
JeepCares

Mcgreg01

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Alison
JeepCares
Jeepcares I have an appointment tomorrow as well for the same issue. Are you able to assist in case they sent to replace under warranty?

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Mine has looked like that a long time. 2018 w/ 20k miles, but noticed prob within 10k. For those that have gotten a repair, is it the screen only or the whole radio? SXM never cut out for me since I didn't drive for 60 days when the cancel signal should've been sent and I don't want to lose that...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I put the screen protector and it makes a big difference
Sponsored