8.4" Radio Screen cloudy in corner

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
I have looked through the threads and I haven't seen anything posted about the radio Screen showing a cloudy look in the corners of the screen when the system is off. You don't notice anything while the radio is on but when its off you can see the cloudy look in the corners. It looks similar as a finger print on a phone but never comes off. I have tried cleaning it but nothing works. Just was curious if any of you have noticed this. When looking at the picture its in the upper left corner with red arrows pointing to the issue. Any thought of what i should do???? Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL 8.4" Radio Screen cloudy in corner IMG_1877
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Looks like the oleophobic coating on the screen is coming off, which is not a surprise, considering the poor material quality of the screens these units use. Unfortunately, your only option here is to replace the screen. It's actually not too difficult to do, but the screens themselves are ridiculously expensive, running around $500-$600.

When cleaning these screens, you don't want to use anything but water and a microfiber towel. Using glass cleaner or anything with ammonia will pull the coating off even faster. The only way to truly prevent this from happening is to put a screen protector on it, which is what these things should come with from the factory in the first place.

You might try to see if you can get the unit replaced under warranty, but they'll probably decline it.