8.4 Nav map details?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
How do you 'zoom' in to display smaller road ways? I live in a semi-rural area. When I use the 8.4 NAV GPS map display, not all of the roads are displayed. For example, I travel along a county road which splits into two separate roads. Both are numbered as county roads, but the map display only draws one of the two roads. If I request "Go Home" the 8.4 gives me verbal instructions on when to turn. The screen does not show the 'invisible' road but does verbally tell me "turn right on County Road 18"...."turn left in one-half mile onto County Road 19". Both of the roads are not displayed on the screen but the distances to the turns and instructions of the turns are given verbally. I can zoom down to the highest magnification but the 'invisible' roads are never displayed.
I also own a portable Garmin GPS unit...it displays both roads simultaneously...and the unit is more than 4 years old!

Some GPS units have the ability to display or not display certain road features...I was hoping that the unit was in some sort of factory default setting. And that someone knew how to change the display settings for more 'minor roads'.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
How do you 'zoom' in to display smaller road ways? I live in a semi-rural area. When I use the 8.4 NAV GPS map display, not all of the roads are displayed. For example, I travel along a county road which splits into two separate roads. Both are numbered as county roads, but the map display only draws one of the two roads. If I request "Go Home" the 8.4 gives me verbal instructions on when to turn. The screen does not show the 'invisible' road but does verbally tell me "turn right on County Road 18"...."turn left in one-half mile onto County Road 19". Both of the roads are not displayed on the screen but the distances to the turns and instructions of the turns are given verbally. I can zoom down to the highest magnification but the 'invisible' roads are never displayed.
I also own a portable Garmin GPS unit...it displays both roads simultaneously...and the unit is more than 4 years old!
If you zoomed in all the way and it still doesn't show then that's how it is.
I would use apple caplay or android auto with google maps. You may also preload that area so no worries about using data or losing signal.

OP
OP

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I should also mention that I own a 2015 Ford Mustang that uses a Garmin GPS Unit. The initial map memory stick did not have any rivers or lakes displayed for all of Minnesota, the northern half of Wisconsin, and most of Lake Superior was a large blank spot! Neither Ford nor Garmin would take responsibility for the digital error. Their response was "buy next year's map for $150". So I should have guessed that Garmin would again stiff buyers of their Automobile products.
Sponsored