Sponsored

7in radio but no cold weather package

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I had to order a Jeep because I could not find one without the options I wanted. I was just curious, I got a Sport S with the upgraded 7in radio, but did not get the cold weather package with heated seats and steering wheel. Will the buttons still be on the dash? Will I have a different dash? Can anyone post a picture? I am just curious. Ever Jeep on the lot has either cold weather or the 5in radio.
Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
My Rubicon is like this, the buttons for the front/rear defrost and recirculate function will just be bigger to take up the space. Which is probably ideal, as blank switches are lame.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
You'll probably have blanks on your dash rather than actual buttons.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
No, you won't. The JL doesn't have blanks like the JK did. You'll just have larger neighboring buttons to make up for them, like opsfox 21 posted.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you do build and price on the Jeep site the interior renders will actually change when you change the options so you can see exactly what it looks like.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara with 7” radio and no cold weather package

D4C227A2-4C3D-4DFC-BCF2-D88FFAEC00BC.jpeg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I got the Tech Package (7" screen, no other useful features) instead of the Cold Weather Package. Biggest mistake I made with my JL hands down. Wish I could do that over again.

ChrisVCR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1948 CJ2A
I also have Tech Package with no Cold Weather but do have the Convenience Package so have the remote start and home link. There are no "blanks" and the center stack is well organized. I miss the heated seats I had in my previous car but the remote start allows me to pre-heat things up a bit so it has really not been bad...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I got the Tech Package (7" screen, no other useful features) instead of the Cold Weather Package. Biggest mistake I made with my JL hands down. Wish I could do that over again.
I guess it depends. I use CarPlay all the time so the 5 inch would not work for me. I don't miss not having the 8.4 at all, and many consider that a must-have upgrade on the higher trims.

But I also have Cold Weather package.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I hear ya there. However, they sell the 8.4 screen (from mopar)....super easy installation, BUT BUT BUT!!!

........its like $1500.

I am on the fence and wonder if it would be worth it.

EDIT: From reading around, you can get heated seats installed for less than $500. Not sure how well it would work with cloth seats (meaning if it would catch on fire, lol).

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I also have Tech Package with no Cold Weather but do have the Convenience Package so have the remote start and home link. There are no "blanks" and the center stack is well organized. I miss the heated seats I had in my previous car but the remote start allows me to pre-heat things up a bit so it has really not been bad...
i was driving my mom's car this morning and was missing my heated seats. But she has leather seats so they are colder in the morning.

I debated because of course our weather here in NC is not too cold but Cold Weather was my one real splurge. For me I was remembering in my last Jeep those warm days/cold evenings when I would crank the heat so I didn't have to bother putting the top up. Heated seats give me a little more comfort in cooler weather with the top down.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I hear ya there. However, they sell the 8.4 screen (from mopar)....super easy installation, BUT BUT BUT!!!

........its like $1500.

I am on the fence and wonder if it would be worth it.

EDIT: From reading around, you can get heated seats installed for less than $500. Not sure how well it would work with cloth seats (meaning if it would catch on fire, lol).
Unfortunately, the biggest draw to the Cold Weather Package is the heated steering wheel. That thing is a godsend in cold climates. And, it's virtually impossible to install after the sale.

$900 for the CWP is actually one of the few JL options that is WELL worth the money.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author

off the subject, but I thought all Jeeps came with rubber mats and I see you have carpet mats. Hmm learned something today I guess!

OP
OP
jdhunt0

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited

Thank you for the picture.

I want the 7" for all the other features it comes with. The heated seats would be nice, but not sure it is worth the $1400 price tag especially with cloth seats. I plan to just add remote start on my own later. I live in KY so the winters are not normally that bad. It does not stay real cold for more than 3-4 days at a time.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
off the subject, but I thought all Jeeps came with rubber mats and I see you have carpet mats. Hmm learned something today I guess!
Well those are the mats it had when I got it, I just picked from there lot supply of Wranglers in my budget

Thank you for the picture.

I want the 7" for all the other features it comes with. The heated seats would be nice, but not sure it is worth the $1400 price tag especially with cloth seats. I plan to just add remote start on my own later. I live in KY so the winters are not normally that bad. It does not stay real cold for more than 3-4 days at a time.
The cloth seats are not really cold here in south Texas, I do have remote start and I guess that’s included in the conveinance package along with heated side view mirrors
Sponsored