Sponsored

72" Width Axle Fusion axle with low BS wheels?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Getting close to pulling the trigger on a set of 60/60 Axles from Fusion 4x4.

Wondering if anyone on the forums have run them and what additional parts are needed besides driveshaft/wheels/wiring lockers.

Also wanted to see if anyone on the forum was running them at full width with low 3.5" Backspacing wheels,
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Wondering if anyone on the forums have run them and what additional parts are needed besides driveshaft/wheels/wiring lockers.

Also wanted to see if anyone on the forum was running them at full width with low 3.5" Backspacing wheels,
What size tire are you wanting to run? 72' axles with 3.5 backspaced wheels would obviously be a super wide stance. For a visual reference, Litebrite is running 68.5" Dynatrac d60/d80s on 40x13.50 tires with 4.75" backspacing and they only have minor rubbing when flexing.
kEWxzxZ.jpg

I think @TTEChris and his awesome offroad shop called Tank Customs built the monster JL below with 72" Fusion d60 axles with 41"x14.50 tires on 3.5 backspaced spyderlocks. It may have a shaved 14 bolt in the rear, but I know the front is a Fusion d60. You could PM him to find out more...he's a great guy and runs a popular offroad shop in Houston. He would be an excellent resource.
ODmYU74.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

Here is a comparison of 72" wide D60/80(JL) and 70" D60/14bt(JT). Both have 3.5" BS.
20200125_121342~2.jpg

You have the parts list down. The factory brake lines will work but will require some slight modification. They didn't have the parking brake cables ready when our D80 shipped, but we recently recieved them for the JL(still waiting on the JT set). I didn't see it on your list, but I'm assuming you already have adjustable arms/trackbars if going to beefier axles?

PM me if you have any specific questions and I would be happy to help if I can

OP
OP
anotheraznguy

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a comparison of 72" wide D60/80(JL) and 70" D60/14bt(JT). Both have 3.5" BS.

You have the parts list down. The factory brake lines will work but will require some slight modification. They didn't have the parking brake cables ready when our D80 shipped, but we recently recieved them for the JL(still waiting on the JT set). I didn't see it on your list, but I'm assuming you already have adjustable arms/trackbars if going to beefier axles?

PM me if you have any specific questions and I would be happy to help if I can
I think the 3.5" on a 72" axle might be a bit wide. Looks like i am going to go with a 4.5" BS wheel. What modifications did you have to make to the brake lines?

TheGrendel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Recon
I think the 3.5" on a 72" axle might be a bit wide. Looks like i am going to go with a 4.5" BS wheel. What modifications did you have to make to the brake lines?
go with 4.5 or more on 72 inch wide. that's the whole reason for the wider axles is to allow you run more back space. the KMC XD231 Race beadlocks are good wheel set for this. 4.75" back space.

Sponsored

sierrarockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU, 2017 Jeep JK
Vehicle Showcase
This is a 72.5" wide axle with a Method 4.75" backspaced wheel. 3.5" backspacing would be really wide and you would lose the advantage of the lower scrub radius that the wide axle gives you.

IMG_8083.JPG

OP
OP
anotheraznguy

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is a 72.5" wide axle with a Method 4.75" backspaced wheel. 3.5" backspacing would be really wide and you would lose the advantage of the lower scrub radius that the wide axle gives you.

IMG_8083.JPG
That looks really slim. Which axle is that? That looks like a spicer dana 60?