Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Was driving to work and the sun is now at the point where it comes in the side window. So I move the shade over and it was just short, so the sun was still hitting my eye. I went to move it and realized that I could slide it back to the perfect spot to block the sun. Never saw anyone mention this feature before and it is great.
If you keep flipping it back and forth it acts like a secondary fan on hot days.

....best feature if you ask me
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Actually a common feature on many vehicles. Several years ago I had a vehicle that actually had two visors at each position for front seat. Both mounted in the common position. Both could fold down but one for each side could fold open to the window on the door. So you could have all four in use. One used on the drivers door. One used on windshield for driver. One for windshield for passenger and one for passenger door window. Fantastic feature. I am not positive but I believe it was on my Ford Taurus. Used it all the time. Did a lot of driving during dawn and dusk. So it was perfect.

I wish more vehicles had this 4 shade condition.
My '95 Ford Bronco had this too.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This reads like the start of a 90s detective novel.

How abouts I just get it out of the way now...

funny.gif

My thoughts exactly, Iā€™m wondering how anybody can live in the 21st-century or not know these things operate like this? LOL I guess it makes it more understandable why they have to demonstrate the seatbelt use in airplanes stillā€¦

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I don't think he means that you can detach it and position it against the side window. I believe he is talking about how the visor can be on the side window and then you can actually pull it to move it along a rod so it will move further towards the cargo area.

(I may be totally misunderstanding both of you though because cold meds.)

30749335.jpeg.jpg
maxresdefault-3.jpg
I believe my Taurus had both options. It could swing to the side window and slide to cover a different area of the window. The. There was a second visor that would fold down so both side and windshield could have a visor

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
What did you guys expect? We drive luxury vehicles

Sponsored

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
So you actually received more value buying your JL than you thought you did?

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ā€˜96 BMW 328i Convertible
Clueless for 10 months, although Iā€™ve had this option on prior vehicles. Thank you!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The JK had it. The guys at thestraightpipes call it the 'visor test'.
The Jk only had it from 2011 onward, after they improved the interior.

I just discovered it two days ago when my son pulled it out. He said he knew about it since it was new. I've had mine since January of 2018, so 22 months. Yikes. I don't really use visors on the side, anyway, but it is still nice to know.

These things are becoming like smart phones. There are so many little things they do and features they have, that it is hard to know them all.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts exactly, Iā€™m wondering how anybody can live in the 21st-century or not know these things operate like this? LOL I guess it makes it more understandable why they have to demonstrate the seatbelt use in airplanes stillā€¦
Because, as @NWOmahaJeepGuy said, some of us are 6'5" tall and the visors are mostly useless. If I pull mine to the side, then pull it back, my vision is completely 100% blocked. So I never had a need to try it. On top of that, the YJ nor JK that I've driven for a combined 22 years had the feature, so I didn't really expect it.

Like I said, it is like a smart phone. I'd bet most of us around here don't even use 30% of what our smart phones' capabilities.

I've also seen people just discover the "drink holder" dent in the tailgate, the space to the left of the passenger grab bar for mounting a CB microphone, or the door latch bottle opener. (OK, I made that last one up, but it does work!)

How about the paper clips on the visors or the settings feature for the rear 12v plug where you can make it live with the battery or only when the ignition is on? Or the button options for the auxillary switches, if you have them? The trail recording feature on the 8.4 Uconnect nav system? Then there's the indentation in the hood clamps that is for holding a winch remote cord in place if you run it over the top of the fender, beside the mirror, and into the cab.

There are lots of these kinds of little things on the JL. You tend to find them if you use them, but may not if you don't.