Sponsored

7 months and just learned this. . . . telescoping visors

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
Gah! I didn't know about this, and it solves my biggest gripe with the "way too low" rearview mirror. You can pull both visors together behind the mirror to cover the gap that the sun loves to peek through! woot woot.
Flip the mirror over and it will raise it a bit.
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
This is the first day of my life knowing this! :)

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Flip the mirror over and it will raise it a bit.
Flipping the mirror makes everything look hazy and blurry through the polarized glass. I tried to live with it, but it made me feel like I needed to see the eye doctor. With the mirror the right way around, I have a sharp view of my soft top vinyl "window" covered in dirt and usually rain :CWL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don't think he means that you can detach it and position it against the side window. I believe he is talking about how the visor can be on the side window and then you can actually pull it to move it along a rod so it will move further towards the cargo area.

(I may be totally misunderstanding both of you though because cold meds.)

30749335.jpeg.jpg
maxresdefault-3.jpg
I was confused at first by the post. Just learned they did that after seeing your pics. Thanks.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
My TJ and JK both had them...actually my 96 Golf had them lol.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My TJ and JK both had them...actually my 96 Golf had them lol.
I had a TJ and a JL also and never knew they had them until now. LOL.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Gah! I didn't know about this, and it solves my biggest gripe with the "way too low" rearview mirror. You can pull both visors together behind the mirror to cover the gap that the sun loves to peek through! woot woot.
If I do that I cannot see anything. I call the visors the "I don't want to see what happens next feature"

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
Flipping the mirror makes everything look hazy and blurry through the polarized glass. I tried to live with it, but it made me feel like I needed to see the eye doctor. With the mirror the right way around, I have a sharp view of my soft top vinyl "window" covered in dirt and usually rain :CWL:
I haven't had the hard top on yet since I flipped it. I might be flipping it back over.

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I'll have to check mine - my 07 JK didn't have and really could've used that feature!

Sponsored

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I didn't buy my JL because doesn't come with telescopic visors.
- No one, ever.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
I'm 6'5" so sunvisors are an absolute waste for me. I'm always looking down out of the windshield. If I put mine down I'm blocking most of my field of vision. If my passenger puts theirs down I lose half my windshield. They annoy me.

Islandweld

First Name
JHS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door JL, 2.0
Was driving to work and the sun is now at the point where it comes in the side window. So I move the shade over and it was just short, so the sun was still hitting my eye. I went to move it and realized that I could slide it back to the perfect spot to block the sun. Never saw anyone mention this feature before and it is great.
Be careful, thought I was but the cheap plastic swivel mount broke on mine after 3 months...

Sally

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Saraha
Awesome....thanks for sharing. It might have been years before I found this feature

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Actually a common feature on many vehicles. Several years ago I had a vehicle that actually had two visors at each position for front seat. Both mounted in the common position. Both could fold down but one for each side could fold open to the window on the door. So you could have all four in use. One used on the drivers door. One used on windshield for driver. One for windshield for passenger and one for passenger door window. Fantastic feature. I am not positive but I believe it was on my Ford Taurus. Used it all the time. Did a lot of driving during dawn and dusk. So it was perfect.

I wish more vehicles had this 4 shade condition.
One of the Toyota Land Cruisers I had, had two visors for both the driver side (a 03 I think) and passenger side. And the one that swung out to cover the side slid all the way to the B pillar and completely Blocked the sun. The one on my JL leaves a gap. I got a cheap three ring binder and cut it to fit. And hold it on my sunvisor with a rubber band to fix that. My Ford crew cab duly has dual sunvisors for each seat but the one that swings doesn’t cover the gap like my JL.

Also swivel point on the roof on my visor also broke and just hung there until I got it fixed
Sponsored