Sponsored

7 months and just learned this. . . . telescoping visors

phranque1673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
Was driving to work and the sun is now at the point where it comes in the side window. So I move the shade over and it was just short, so the sun was still hitting my eye. I went to move it and realized that I could slide it back to the perfect spot to block the sun. Never saw anyone mention this feature before and it is great.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, never noticed that either, six months into ownership.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Was driving to work and the sun is now at the point where it comes in the side window. So I move the shade over and it was just short, so the sun was still hitting my eye. I went to move it and realized that I could slide it back to the perfect spot to block the sun. Never saw anyone mention this feature before and it is great.
My daughter showed me this literally this week!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
The JK had it. The guys at thestraightpipes call it the 'visor test'.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
What do you mean, this is like my number one requirement in buying any vehicle. :LOL: Fail the visor test — no bueno!:giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Actually a common feature on many vehicles. Several years ago I had a vehicle that actually had two visors at each position for front seat. Both mounted in the common position. Both could fold down but one for each side could fold open to the window on the door. So you could have all four in use. One used on the drivers door. One used on windshield for driver. One for windshield for passenger and one for passenger door window. Fantastic feature. I am not positive but I believe it was on my Ford Taurus. Used it all the time. Did a lot of driving during dawn and dusk. So it was perfect.

I wish more vehicles had this 4 shade condition.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Actually a common feature on many vehicles. Several years ago I had a vehicle that actually had two visors at each position for front seat. Both mounted in the common position. Both could fold down but one for each side could fold open to the window on the door. So you could have all four in use. One used on the drivers door. One used on windshield for driver. One for windshield for passenger and one for passenger door window. Fantastic feature. I am not positive but I believe it was on my Ford Taurus. Used it all the time. Did a lot of driving during dawn and dusk. So it was perfect.

I wish more vehicles had this 4 shade condition.
I don't think he means that you can detach it and position it against the side window. I believe he is talking about how the visor can be on the side window and then you can actually pull it to move it along a rod so it will move further towards the cargo area.

(I may be totally misunderstanding both of you though because cold meds.)

30749335.jpeg.jpg
maxresdefault-3.jpg

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I did this on my wife's suburban the other day and she flipped out. She didn't know visits did that either :)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
They should print out information like this and have it available. Maybe put a copy in the glove box or have it available upon request. Maybe call it an “owners manual “, or something along those lines.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah I love this feature, I saw my wife using it once and I was like wth why did you never tell me!?!?.

I use my Jeep as a weekend toy, I actually commute in a Corolla and I wish I had that.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Gah! I didn't know about this, and it solves my biggest gripe with the "way too low" rearview mirror. You can pull both visors together behind the mirror to cover the gap that the sun loves to peek through! woot woot.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Was driving to work and the sun is now at the point where it comes in the side window. So I move the shade over and it was just short, so the sun was still hitting my eye. I went to move it and realized that I could slide it back to the perfect spot to block the sun.

This reads like the start of a 90s detective novel.

How abouts I just get it out of the way now...

funny.gif

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I had that feature in a couple other vehicles, and it was one of the first things I checked on the way the home from the dealer.
Sponsored