rigormortis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
telematics don’t work, but I expected this. I’m ordering the autodim mirror when correct harness becomes available. Benny from AllMoparParts gave me the part number. That MAY make this possible, not sure.
What do you mean by "Telematics"?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Anything to do with LTE connection. This is what FCA calls it.

rigormortis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
Anything to do with LTE connection. This is what FCA calls it.
Ah, yes... and this is the only reason I would do a 7 to 8.4 upgrade... To be able to start my jeep via cell phone when I'm in the middle of Lowes and my remote key start won't reach : ^ ) I hope someone figures this out.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
The part numbers are in this thread, above. You need the bezel and unit. That’s all. Seller on ebay said “security code included”. Never got one, was not needed. I’m pretty sure the 8.4” unit is the same part number across all FCA products.
Can you please post the ebay link on your purchase? I see many on ebay not compatible with the JL.

Sponsored

Seanmadigan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl wrangler unlimited s
There are several threads on this in the Uconnect section. From that section:

Hi, guys! I have been following this post for a while now. I’ll be upgrading my 5” soon but I thought I’d consolidate all the information from the post to see if I have a good understanding of everyone’s research. Full disclosure: I have not done any of this myself, this is a consolidation of all the contributors in this thread. Everything below is what I have gathered from various contributors. Specifically, thanks so much to @thewolfman2010 (the original poster), @JJexp, and @romeoz, for sharing your experiences! Please let me know if this is accurate. Here is what I have gathered from the various posts:

-8.4”: 68295730ZF (No GPS)
-8.4”: 68295725ZF (With GPS) Be sure to order the one with GPS unlocked, but it is more expensive. The part numbers are the same.
-8.4” Radio Bezel: 6AB55TX7AB
-Sirius Antenna Extension Cable: 5064159AG
-Sirius Antenna: 68293949AA (This antenna is for the satellite radio and GPS)

-7” radio with satellite radio: 68297546AE
-7” radio without satellite radio: 68297545AE
-7” Radio Bezel: 6AB53TX7AA
-Sirius Antenna Extension Cable: 5064159AG
-Sirius Antenna: 68293949AA (This antenna is for thesatellite radio and GPS)

If upgrading from Uconnect 3, 5” screen, you will alsoneed:
-Climate controls panel: 6BE28DX9AC (this is for thepart without the parking sensor button)
-Control module: 68249814AE (Also referred to as HVACmodule in the post)
-Temperature sensors: ?

Current issues with upgrading: When upgrading from 5” screen, and if you maintain the originally installedclimate control panel, volume and tuning for the HU cannot be controlled except for through the steering wheel and the HU cannot be turned off without turning off the vehicle (this does not include when the ESS is kicked in). Climate controls cannot be controlled through the screen, though making changes through the physical knobs do change the graphics in the HU. When installing the matching climate control panel (the one with the volume and tuning knobs), neither heating or AC works. This may be because of a lack of auto temperature control equipped with the vehicle, and thus no temperature sensors. The theory is that the system will not be able to receive temperatureinformation so will not turn on the heat/AC as required. There may be a possibility of solving this by installing temperature sensors. Also, when ordering the climate control panel, make sure that you have a parking sensors button if your vehicle is equipped with it. If you already have auto temperature installed, this is not an issue. All other controls for the new climate control panel work perfectly regardless if auto temperature is installed or not. Also, in order to get firmware updates, you will need a VIN that has the same screen that you upgraded to equipped from the factory. XM Guardian, WiFi functionality has not yet been explored.
So i bought the 8.4 and new multiswitch with voulme control, and like you said the climate functions do not work. So need to keep temp sensors? And hopefully that work? I dont have parking sensors! Will that be a problem as well???

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
There are several threads on this in the Uconnect section. From that section:

Hi, guys! I have been following this post for a while now. I’ll be upgrading my 5” soon but I thought I’d consolidate all the information from the post to see if I have a good understanding of everyone’s research. Full disclosure: I have not done any of this myself, this is a consolidation of all the contributors in this thread. Everything below is what I have gathered from various contributors. Specifically, thanks so much to @thewolfman2010 (the original poster), @JJexp, and @romeoz, for sharing your experiences! Please let me know if this is accurate. Here is what I have gathered from the various posts:

-8.4”: 68295730ZF (No GPS)
-8.4”: 68295725ZF (With GPS) Be sure to order the one with GPS unlocked, but it is more expensive. The part numbers are the same.
-8.4” Radio Bezel: 6AB55TX7AB
When I search for these part numbers through Mopar they do not come up. The other Mopar sites like Mopar wholesale list them under a new part number but under the real Mopar site, they have the radio 8.4 listed under a different number altogether.

Where did you find these part numbers originally? Just want to make sure I am ordering the right part. It is listed now as 68295730AH for the non GPS version.

OP
OP

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
They are valid. The last two letters of all Mopar part numbers represent mod/version. Just remove the letters and search. However, I tried several sites with/and without the last two letters. Did not matter, all searches returned a match for the correct part.

As far as Mopar site? Well, that site sucks. Always has. I find it useless for most searches. I stick with dealer sites, FCA Tech Authority site (not free) and this forum for part info.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are valid. The last two letters of all Mopar part numbers represent mod/version. Just remove the letters and search. However, I tried several sites with/and without the last two letters. Did not matter, all searches returned a match for the correct part.

As far as Mopar site? Well, that site sucks. Always has. I find it useless for most searches. I stick with dealer sites, FCA Tech Authority site (not free) and this forum for part info.
Thanks for the info. Do I assume the only purpose for the GPS version is nav? I don’t play on using nav the main reason for the upgrade is CarPlay.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Probably my biggest regret with my Jeep purchase is not insisting on the 8.4. The 7 inch works fine, but everything is a bit small and at times I miss having the native nav that will continue to work even when you are out of cell range. I know there are some phone map apps that don't rely on cellular but I also miss the larger screen.

I've considered doing the 8.4 swap but it's a chunk of change that I'm not sure is worth it. However, am interested in the answer to @cbrenthus question about the off road pages.

Will probably keep mulling this around until I come up with $1600 that I don't have anything better to do with.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably my biggest regret with my Jeep purchase is not insisting on the 8.4. The 7 inch works fine, but everything is a bit small and at times I miss having the native nav that will continue to work even when you are out of cell range. I know there are some phone map apps that don't rely on cellular but I also miss the larger screen.

I've considered doing the 8.4 swap but it's a chunk of change that I'm not sure is worth it. However, am interested in the answer to @cbrenthus question about the off road pages.

Will probably keep mulling this around until I come up with $1600 that I don't have anything better to do with.
It doesn't appear to cost that much for the swap. What I am seeing online is:
68295730AH (NON-GPS) $1095.45
68295725AH (GPS) $1248.05
6AB55TX7AB Bezel $24.96

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered mine online. GOing from 5" to 8.4"