7” to 8.4” upgrading screen size success

Joaozao

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Does anyone know if Part 68401429AB would work as the 8.4 or what the difference is vs OPs part number.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Part 68401429AB would work as the 8.4 or what the difference is vs OPs part number.

Are you looking to upgrade to the 8.4 UConnect?

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep here is mine the other day. You have to manually install and update Tazer to 11.2.1 then go to Radio setting on Tazer and it’s under there.

9DCBDA87-4E4E-484E-9CF0-EC9CFB3FBD77.jpeg

B022ECBB-BF83-4EA7-87C0-F455AEA683EF.jpeg

7373A8FB-BC94-46EA-8CCE-491267E86BC6.jpeg

Looks awesome. I just got my Tazer Jl Mini today and trying to install it. I removed the kick panel under the steering wheel for easier access and for the life of me I cannot disconnect the two connectors for the SGW module. I've depressed the tabs on the back of the connector and tried pulling down. Its like they are superglued in!

Any suggestions

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Looks awesome. I just got my Tazer Jl Mini today and trying to install it. I removed the kick panel under the steering wheel for easier access and for the life of me I cannot disconnect the two connectors for the SGW module. I've depressed the tabs on the back of the connector and tried pulling down. Its like they are superglued in!

Any suggestions
Use a small flat head screwdriver to push in the tab while you pull down on the wires easily. That’s the best I’ve found since my hands are too big to get both up in there. Hope that helps! Let me know once you get it done. If you are looking for off road pages make sure to download the 11.2.1 software and manually install it. Once you have it installed just marry it and start making changes in your settings then make sure to scroll to full reboot and do that.

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Use a small flat head screwdriver to push in the tab while you pull down on the wires easily. That’s the best I’ve found since my hands are too big to get both up in there. Hope that helps! Let me know once you get it done. If you are looking for off road pages make sure to download the 11.2.1 software and manually install it. Once you have it installed just marry it and start making changes in your settings then make sure to scroll to full reboot and do that.
UPDATE: Finally! wow what a pain.....

Good suggestion. I'll keep trying using a small screw driver. I have medium size hands so I can get one hand up in the cavity and trying to get leverage to pull with the other is a challenge.

Once I get the screwdriver in there im afraid of pulling to hard on the connector and really screwing things up!

Ill try again later. Thanks

IMG_1532.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

Last edited:

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep here is mine the other day. You have to manually install and update Tazer to 11.2.1 then go to Radio setting on Tazer and it’s under there.

9DCBDA87-4E4E-484E-9CF0-EC9CFB3FBD77.jpeg

B022ECBB-BF83-4EA7-87C0-F455AEA683EF.jpeg

7373A8FB-BC94-46EA-8CCE-491267E86BC6.jpeg
any idea how to get the altitude and GPS coordinates to show on the gauges page? I see yours is working. My gauges work! navigation and Sirius works but I don’t threaten the altitude or gos coordinates show up there

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
any idea how to get the altitude and GPS coordinates to show on the gauges page? I see yours is working. My gauges work! navigation and Sirius works but I don’t threaten the altitude or gos coordinates show up there
Hmm not sure on that. Mine populated automatically. Maybe leave the off road pages app then turn off the Jeep and then try again.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm not sure on that. Mine populated automatically. Maybe leave the off road pages app then turn off the Jeep and then try again.

I pulled fuse 97 and it worked once. I rechecked it 10 minutes later and the altitude, longitude and latitude are not reading again!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Well I just jacked myself big time.
Yesterday I had it at the dealership for the Uconnect update to address the locking up issue. Got it home and realized none of the USB ports worked. They will charge a device but the Uconnect will not recognize that anything is plugged into them. I tried various rests and none worked so I pulled F11, F97 and F102 fuses for 5 mins. Bad idea!
Now the radio is in a very basic mode missing half the apps including off road pages. I read this happened to someone else and after shutting the Jeep down and then restarting it went back to normal, not the case for me.

I've disconnected all three negative terminal connections and seeing if that will help. This SUCKS.
Sponsored