7” to 8.4” additional info

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Also if anybody knows how do OTA updates get to the radio I’ve seen where some people say you have to have LTE and others say it comes through XM
Sponsored

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Also if anybody knows how do OTA updates get to the radio I’ve seen where some people say you have to have LTE and others say it comes through XM
Two different antennas. You will not got ota’s unless the dealership changes your sales code to match that radio. They will charge you to update it, but if you have the vin for the Jeep the radio came out of, you can go online and get it. There’s talk of this in the threads

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two different antennas. You will not got ota’s unless the dealership changes your sales code to match that radio. They will charge you to update it, but if you have the vin for the Jeep the radio came out of, you can go online and get it. There’s talk of this in the threads
The person I bought this off eBay says it was never in a vehicle and the radio has a manufactured date of April 2019 but when I search for the part number on the sticker I cannot find it on any mopar website

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In that case you’ll need to write a vin down (online dealership search) that has the radio option and go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and enter the vin to see if you can get updates for free this way. Otherwise it’s dealer updates. I have the vin that matches my radio so I’m not in the same boat as you. But I got the vin when I installed it, it came with all the trial xm stuff. When I activated it, that’s how I got the vin for the radio. But I did get the LTE antenna and the WiFi works. But no OTA updates, no off road pages, no dimming mirror, no SOS and that other stuff. The Jeep still thinks it has a 7” radio in it, but the 8.4” radio knows what is and is not plugged into it.

Hope this kinda helps.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah If I check a few Vins of the dealer lot the 2018 models show an update but when I try to install on the Radio I get an error saying the software is not correct and the 2019 models all show they don't need an update. Im assuming mine is a 2019 radio since it showed a May 2019 build for the Radio but the Radios part number on the sticker I get get to show up on any mopar parts website

Sponsored

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Looking to Upgrade from the 5” to 8.4”. I’d like to have all 3 Wifi/XM/LTE can someone please tell me what parts I need to make this swap?

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
This thread kicks ass Thank You About to do my swap. Thank You for info on antenna and directions

GrandIllusion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 F350, 2013 Fiesta, 1976 Gran Torino, Starsky & Hutch Ltd. Edition
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
This thread kicks ass Thank You About to do my swap. Thank You for info on antenna and directions
I'm looking at doing this as well. Since most of this thread is pretty old, post how things go and if you run into any new issues.

blrhard

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jepp Wrangler JLU
I'm looking at doing this as well. Since most of this thread is pretty old, post how things go and if you run into any new issues.
All went well and are good with the software update. Was hoping for off road pages, but since my download was from a 2018 vin they don’t offer ORP for that year.

GrandIllusion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 F350, 2013 Fiesta, 1976 Gran Torino, Starsky & Hutch Ltd. Edition
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
All went well and are good with the software update. Was hoping for off road pages, but since my download was from a 2018 vin they don’t offer ORP for that year.
So, I don't know if I wrapped my head around this entire thread right, but you upgraded the radio (obviously), needing a different antenna for automatic updates?... and did you also have to have some dealer programming done so the automatic updates would work?

Sponsored

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
They do have ORP for 2018. It’s in my wife’s 2018 Sahara. It has to do with your VIN not being provisioned with the 8.4. ORP isn’t like the permanently installed apps it only shows up when it contacts a server and gets the authorization to deploy the app. You can see this happen even in Jeeps that have ORP. Occasionally they reprovision themselves, and the app icons for it, and some of the other stuff look like generic U’s until complete.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
They do have ORP for 2018. It’s in my wife’s 2018 Sahara. It has to do with your VIN not being provisioned with the 8.4. ORP isn’t like the permanently installed apps it only shows up when it contacts a server and gets the authorization to deploy the app. You can see this happen even in Jeeps that have ORP. Occasionally they reprovision themselves, and the app icons for it, and some of the other stuff look like generic U’s until complete.
the new Tazer beta firmware update 11.2.1 will give you the option to enable ORP. I just did this on my 8.4 which I upgraded to from a 7” on my JLU Sport S.

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just updated my firmware on the tazer and got it on my radio as well now. Mine is a 2018, but I updated the 8.4 to whatever update was supposed to fix ORP for the 18 models.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just updated my firmware on the tazer and got it on my radio as well now. Mine is a 2018, but I updated the 8.4 to whatever update was supposed to fix ORP for the 18 models.
When using ORP does the altitude, longitude and latitude settings display on the bottom of ORP pages?

The new Tazer update gave me ORP on my ‘18 Sport S and the ORP works fine EXCEPT it doesn’t show the altitude, longitude or latitude settings. It shows - - in those fields.

I’m on Uconnect ver 21. I did pull fuse 97 and that worked but only one time. When I started the Jeep 10 minutes later those settings only show - -

I tried disabling ORP, full Tazer reboot, Reenabled ORP, full Tazer reboot but no luck.

Pulled fuse 97 a couple different times after and still sows - - in those fields.
Sponsored