Sponsored

7” to 8.4” additional info

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Thanks for the Info! I have a question. Do you think this mod is still applicable to the 2020 JLU? Also I notice you mentioned the Fakra D cable is 12 inches long, that seems short to run from the B pillar all the way to the radio. Is there something I may have missed?
Jeep Wrangler JL 7” to 8.4” additional info BE655C47-B72A-412E-B7F9-6445637D6CEC

I just ordered my cable + LTE antenna so super stoked to install it. Considering the mustard color port is for Sirius XM+GPS, and the magenta is LTE. Do you happen to know what the dark burgundy port is for? Is this needed for the JLU? I’m only aware of two Antennas needed for JLU, but I had an OBD reading of two open CeLlular antenna connection.

Jeep Wrangler JL 7” to 8.4” additional info CA2F0FFE-10F4-4282-9AEE-8DE4712C2EE3
Sponsored

gavilan1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Where did you order the Fakra D cable from? Did you ever determine the function of the white, lavender, and burgundy ports? Also, what is the smaller black connector for? I just received a 8.4” unit to replace my 7”, but I want to understand the 8.4” connections and what additional hardware I need (like the LTE antenna and Fakra D cable). Thanks in advance.

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Where did you order the Fakra D cable from? Did you ever determine the function of the white, lavender, and burgundy ports? Also, what is the smaller black connector for? I just received a 8.4” unit to replace my 7”, but I want to understand the 8.4” connections and what additional hardware I need (like the LTE antenna and Fakra D cable). Thanks in advance.
I wasn’t able to determine what the white cable and the lavender/burgundy did. Not sure what the smaller black cable is for either :/. That is where I ordered the cable from, but it’s not worth the effort to get the LTE cable installed. I wasn’t able to get anything to work.
https://www.pasternack.com/fakra-plug-fakra-jack-pe-c100-cable-assembly-pe38748d-p.aspx

gavilan1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I wasn’t able to determine what the white cable and the lavender/burgundy did. Not sure what the smaller black cable is for either :/. That is where I ordered the cable from, but it’s not worth the effort to get the LTE cable installed. I wasn’t able to get anything to work.
https://www.pasternack.com/fakra-plug-fakra-jack-pe-c100-cable-assembly-pe38748d-p.aspx
I forgot about Pasternak. Great company. I just received my custom cable for the LTE antenna yesterday. That is what the Fakra-D claret violet connector is for. The cream Fakra-B jack is for the AM-FM radio antenna, the curry or mustard Fakra-K jack is for the SDARC Sirius XM/GPS, and the carmine red Fakra-L jack is for the backup camera (I have not verified this last one yet). The heather violet Fakra-H is not implemented in the UAQ installation, to the best of my knowledge. The USB port jack and cable needs no clarification. Just a guess, but the small black cable you describe may be the Sirius XM plug that is missing the mustard colored Fakra-K plastic outer cover. I hope that this helps.

MaxedMac

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 4-Door
I have a 8.4" w/Nav that will work in a 2019 or 2020 Jeep Wrangler. Will take $1000 even for it, pick up only - in Dallas. It's practically new - I used it for about 3 weeks (upgraded from a 7" to the 8.4") but then ended up trading the wrangler in for a Gladiator. The upgrade worked great.
Sponsored