Sponsored

6cyl manual JL driver gets a 4cyl turbo auto loaner......

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I don't know, I spend a lot of time rock crawling with the Rubicon at idle... that thing just goes by itself up anything! It's so fun.
And like I said the fact it has such a gear reduction for low and 1st gear the minimal low end torque the 3.6 makes is negated.
Sponsored

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
A great thread where 0% changed their opinion. Many got to mention other driving prowess and/or non-Jeep expensive vehicles owned. Always a plus. Why I come to JLWF, nonetheless!
Well, I thought my 2.0Little turbo was good, but from reading through the 28th thread of six vs. four, I now think it is great. Maybe even the best option.

At least this isn't a two vs. four door thread... those four door people can get really upset when they realize two extra is two too many, and makes it not a Wrangler.

Also, my fish is bigger than all y'all's.

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
those four door people can get really upset when they realize two extra is two too many, and makes it not a Wrangler.
Jeep Wrangler JL 6cyl manual JL driver gets a 4cyl turbo auto loaner...... spock smash

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
And like I said the fact it has such a gear reduction for low and 1st gear the minimal low end torque the 3.6 makes is negated.
You do realize that dynos measure torque THROUGH the gear reduction and torque converter right?

Why cant 2.0 owners just let this go? I'm not your opponent here. I don't feel the need to guard my ego just because a four cylinder is probably faster than my six cylinder. You'd probably also beat me because i'm old and suck at driving. I don't mind...I never once envisioned lining up my Wrangler with any other vehicle.

I chose the 3.6 mostly because of NVH but also because it's more a of "truck" engine and to me is a better choice for a vehicle that I perceive as a truck. Truth be told I think both engines fall short...what I would REALLY love is a 350hp-ish V8. I respect your choice even if for no other reason than turbos are fun...cause they are. But both these engines have stuck around because they both have a purpose. One is not just plain better than the other - its much more complicated than that.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Think the big unanswered question is - are we debating the 2.0 vs the 3.6 with or without the engine cover? Do things even out if we remove the 2.0 engine cover too? How about coverless 2.0 vs covered 3.6? Clearly, we need to document these things and the power differences afforded by the engine cover.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Next time you go from a stop Id like you to time how long you spend between Idle and 1800rpm and tell me how that extra 30-70ftlbs of torque helps.
So out of curiosity I paid extra attention to my RPM from a dead stop.

• From a red light, engine in autostop.
  • Light turns green and I let off brake and push the accelerator to my normal 1/8-1/4 throttle for in town driving.
  • Engine cranks from 0 RPM and goes right to around 1800 RPM.
  • Engine stays at 1800 RPM for a solid second as the Jeep gets moving.
  • Engine climbs above 1800 RPM during light acceleration.
  • Transmission shifts around 2500 RPM.
Numbers are higher at half throttle going onto a highway. Doesn't take much more than half throttle to break the rear tires loose from a dead stop... :devil:

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Think the big unanswered question is - are we debating the 2.0 vs the 3.6 with or without the engine cover? Do things even out if we remove the 2.0 engine cover too? How about coverless 2.0 vs covered 3.6? Clearly, we need to document these things and the power differences afforded by the engine cover.
The cover is only worth it if you have the Rubi top vents to let the heat out.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

• Light turns green and I let off brake and push the accelerator to my normal 1/8-1/4 throttle for in town driving.
Numbers are higher at half throttle going onto a highway. Doesn't take much more than half throttle to break the rear tires loose from a dead stop... :devil:
Side anecdote - turning back onto the highway towards the Outpost when we were leaving the trails this weekend. Can confirm that the stock tires will smoke even at 15psi at 3/4 throttle lol. Scared the shit outta my passenger though.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7

Curious that.

Side anecdote - turning back onto the highway towards the Outpost when we were leaving the trails this weekend. Can confirm that the stock tires will smoke even at 15psi at 3/4 throttle lol. Scared the shit outta my passenger though.
Thats good to hear the Xterra barely will spin a single tire on wet pavement lol

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The cover is only worth it if you have the Rubi top vents to let the heat out.
Might as well take the Jeep out back and shoot it if you've got the cover on without the Rubi "vents". The cover will steal your dog and shag your wife without the vents to keep it in line.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Might as well take the Jeep out back and shoot it if you've got the cover on without the Rubi "vents". The cover will steal your dog and shag your wife without the vents to keep it in line.
I put an alarm on mine for that reason and the uptick in engine cover thefts in my area. It is easier to wire this on the 3.6 than the 2.0, obviously ending the thread and making the 3.6 superior.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
3.6 8AT 2dr is master race. Obviously.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
The greatest Jeep engine is the AMC 4.0L. Specifically in an LJ. Running on old lawnmower gas from 3 years ago.

Jeep Wrangler JL 6cyl manual JL driver gets a 4cyl turbo auto loaner...... 1665575829544

Rotella is the best oil

/end thread

Now that I don't have a TJ, none of my vehicles are suitable for disposing of stale gas and premix. Its a real problem.

Coltron_Actual

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2006 LJ, 2021 Rubicon
Now that I don't have a TJ, none of my vehicles are suitable for disposing of stale gas and premix. Its a real problem.
LMAO.

I get rid of my premix in my 1970 F-100. No emissions components to plug up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.