Sponsored

6cyl manual JL driver gets a 4cyl turbo auto loaner......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
The 2.0 is kind of underpowered, but it is the most powerful engine available for the 2 door wrangler. I'll probably put in a LS3 if the 2.0 ever blows up.
The 2.0 is underpowered? Bet you never drove a late 70’s V8 CJ….😊
Sponsored

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
That's why I choose to measure my Jeep work in beers consumed and household chores avoided. Who wants to fold laundry for 45 minutes? Not this guy! I'd rather spend 3 hours drinking beer and shredding every inch of my forearms unbolting literally everything on top of my 3.6 to change out 6 plugs, come inside, and have dinner and bourbon served to me by my lovely wife because I spent so much time hunched over the fender of a Jeep.
I have the same system for cutting the fields. Although, I admit, sometimes it's old fashioneds or straight bourbon, but the principle is the same.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I have the same system for cutting the fields. Although, I admit, sometimes it's old fashioneds or straight bourbon, but the principle is the same.
It's a great system for Jeeps too. Let's be honest, no matter what you ask Jeep to put under your hood, they always manage to add just a little disappointment and frustration to the package.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
It's a great system for Jeeps too. Let's be honest, no matter what you ask Jeep to put under your hood, they always manage to add just a little disappointment and frustration to the package.
Ahh, like marriage.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I know... They didn't make the 392 a Hybrid?!? What's up with that?

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Was trolling the troll a little there I still have and drive a 82 cj5. Was originally a 2.5 4 speed, so I know about going slow.
People who had the Iron Duke know slow way too well... I'm right there with you. My experience with that engine caused me to have PTSD symptoms and I cannot go back to another 4-cyl Jeep, even if it has a turbo; but that is just me. My neighbor loves her 2.0 that sounds like a sewing machine.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I know... They didn't make the 392 a Hybrid?!? What's up with that?
I've watered my turbo every day, given it plenty of sunshine and soil, and still - STILL - it does not grow into a twin turbo.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
“I say again, danger close, over!”
"Airspace is full from all of the Hurt Feelings Medevacs. Routing a mixed section of AH-1/UH-1 your way for CAS"

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
"Airspace is full from all of the Hurt Feelings Medevacs. Routing a mixed section of AH-1/UH-1 your way for CAS"
"Negative! AH1/UH1 operate on TURBOshaft engines. Fear pilots will not be able to predict aircraft and will crash into our position!"

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Jeez all this bickering starting to second guess ordering the JLUR with the 2.0, only reason I did was I had a 2015 willys with a 3.6 6 speed and 3.73’s and hated it felt it was a slug. Then in 2020 my Cummins was in for some bs warranty work and they gave me a Sahara with the 2.0 as a loaner I thought it ran pretty damn good 🤷‍♂️
If you drove the 2.0 and liked it... buy it. Who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet say? Wranglers have the best resale value, so if you get a bad one, you can always trade it in.

My Wrangler replaced a VW Tiguan. It had the 2.0 TSI that VW/Audi/Porsches uses in many different variations. After purchasing, I joined a forum, and all I read about it was what a nightmare the engine was. I bought it with 49K miles. I sold it with 162K miles. It started on the first turn every single time I tried starting it (basically never broke down). When I was researching the 2.0 Wrangler, I tried finding negative articles on the engine... the ones that were so easy to find with the VW... and I couldn't find any. Same with the Giulia... nothing.

We all have a story and a past history for why we like/dislike a certain engine... it's up to you to decide your story.

Good luck!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
“Uh, FSCC, UH-1??? Have we slipped through a time portal? Request Kleenex ordnance for CAS, over.”

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I was skeptical on the 2.0T until I test drove both it and a 3.6L Wrangler before ordering last year. In my antiquated mind, a tiny lil' 2L just couldn't measure up to a 3.6L. Well, I was proven wrong, not like it was the first time that happened.

So, my 2021 80th Edition 2dr has the 2.0T/8spd auto and I've been very pleased with its performance and gas mileage. If you have the 3.6 and like it, then we're both happy.

Carry on. 😎
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.