Sponsored

67 Designs RAIL now available for the JL

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Nicely done @butcho.
Sponsored

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So I got a GoPro for Christmas from Santa and I wanted to use it as a Dash Cam for traffic or offroading. I have the 67d Rail so immediately I went to 67d and looked up the GoPro mount. The 67d GoPro mount which attaches directly to a 20mm ball that comes with the rail edition was sold out so I decided to fashion my own.

Parts you need
An available 20mm Ball that attaches to the rail
Carbon Fiber Arm - Nano
The business end of the 67d MagMount (the magnetic peice)
A generic GoPro base
A peice of metal that can stick to the GoPro base

To me, this is a better mount than than using the GoPro mount from 67d. That requires you to attach/detach it to the ball or the GoPro base every time which is kind of a pain. I have a soft top so if someone sees my GoPro and wants it, they are definitely going to grab it so it makes sense more for a magnetic mount that you can just grab it and take it with you where ever you go.

IMG_5472.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_6926.JPG
IMG_3302.JPG

View attachment 125232
Very smart of you. I might have to borrow that idea myself!

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Here's a much less expensive way to do the same thing - Ram-Mounts Uses screws under the rubber coin holder.
jl01.jpg
jl02.jpg
jl03.jpg

mrpnicolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Do the ram ball mount 1" fit into the rail?

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I really like all these mounts that allow for all the gadgets one needs to be up on the dash. What I hate is all the wires. Has anyone come up with a clean wiring harness our routing that hides all that stuff?

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I really like all these mounts that allow for all the gadgets one needs to be up on the dash. What I hate is all the wires. Has anyone come up with a clean wiring harness our routing that hides all that stuff?
I can't find the thread, but someone added a dual USB plug down in the tray. That allows you to power everything with the 9" cords and clean up the dash considerably.

Grab the zautomotive instructions for the front camera ( https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/JL_Front_Camera_Installation.pdf ), pop the radio out, and see if/where the USB port will fit. Also, check to see if you can add a good reinforcement under the dash for the Rail mounting screws. Do take pictures. I've got their front camera attachment in hand, but won't get to install it for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just putting this out there because I like how it's out of the way of my driving view. It's a suction/magnet but has never fallen off. I'm still interested in the dash mount but this works for now.
20190312_054707.jpg

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez Louise.....was all in to checking out a holder for my phone, but after looking at these latest gadget holders I am shocked out how anyone could see out of the windshield....these windshields ain't that big to start off with!
#NoradMobileUnit

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Jeez Louise.....was all in to checking out a holder for my phone, but after looking at these latest gadget holders I am shocked out how anyone could see out of the windshield....these windshields ain't that big to start off with!
1) Look at the pictures in post #124 on the previous page. Nothing says you have to hold your phone vertically.

2) Look at the pictures in post #97 on page seven. @aml shows how to drop the mount below the top of the dash.

Sponsored

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Vector off road sells a 1" ram ball for a rail and mentions that it fits the 67 design rail.
I believe it's the other way around.

I have both the 67 rail and the vector ball, but had to buy flat nuts so it fits in the rail. The one that comes with is too thick. The flat nut that comes with the 67 ball should fit on the vector rail though.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I believe it's the other way around.

I have both the 67 rail and the vector ball, but had to buy flat nuts so it fits in the rail. The one that comes with is too thick. The flat nut that comes with the 67 ball should fit on the vector rail though.
My mistake was reading the description for vectors 20mm ball not the 1" Ram ball...

"The 20mm Vector E-Track mounting ball mounts directly to the JLE-Dock, and will work in conjunction with 67 design standard arm ends. So don't forget to pick up some 20mm balls, and add in a couple 67 mounting packs from us before you check out. 1/4-20 thread."

You might be able to get the mounting packs for the 1" Ram ball as well but I'm betting flat nuts would be cheaper.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Here's a much less expensive way to do the same thing - Ram-Mounts Uses screws under the rubber coin holder.
jl01.jpg
jl02.jpg
jl03.jpg
I prefer this to the rail. My drivers kit is due here Monday for my Ham radio installation

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Installed my 67 Designs Rail System and I'm very impressed by the quality and by the nice tight fit.
I had a minor issue with my order and 67 Designs fixed it immediately. so big thumbs up for the product AND the service.

Highly recommended.
Sponsored