67 Design Cell Phone Holder

2drSportOC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door sport
I run the 67 Design rail system with an iphone and Gaia gps for Nav. The install was easy and the entire unit is secure and accessible. Outstanding American made product. I remember reading something about not leaving your phone exposed to the sun in a closed parked vehicle due to the heat. I suppose that should be common knowledge and applies to all the mounting systems. I have used the mount in 100+ temps (with AC) and the phone hasn't overheated.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have the single ball cell phone mount in mine. I primarily got it to hold my GMRS radio using an adapter from JeepUniq, but I've found myself swapping back to the phone mount when I'm not doing trails. It works well, holds tight, no noises from it. I'm not in love with the location, but I got no better ideas or solutions. I went with the matte finish as I suspected the polished could have a higher potential for glare. I used the extra screws, although they went in so easily I do question how much extra help they're really adding. Unlike others I installed mine with the windshield dropped. For me the easier access is worth it, but I also drop my windshield quite often for easy trails and running around town. I feel like some here are afraid of dropping the windshield when really it only takes a few minutes.

So just in case you weren't aware Gaia can be used on Apple CarPlay and it works fairly well although not as feature rich as the phone version. I prefer to have it up on the larger screen in my Jeep's dash rather than on my phone's screen.

OP
OP
dchemphill1

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I have the single ball cell phone mount in mine. I primarily got it to hold my GMRS radio using an adapter from JeepUniq, but I've found myself swapping back to the phone mount when I'm not doing trails. It works well, holds tight, no noises from it. I'm not in love with the location, but I got no better ideas or solutions. I went with the matte finish as I suspected the polished could have a higher potential for glare. I used the extra screws, although they went in so easily I do question how much extra help they're really adding. Unlike others I installed mine with the windshield dropped. For me the easier access is worth it, but I also drop my windshield quite often for easy trails and running around town. I feel like some here are afraid of dropping the windshield when really it only takes a few minutes.

So just in case you weren't aware Gaia can be used on Apple CarPlay and it works fairly well although not as feature rich as the phone version. I prefer to have it up on the larger screen in my Jeep's dash rather than on my phone's screen.
I use an Android phone so not able to run it on my Jeep screen. I also have the smaller screen. Good tip with holding my GMRS MXT275 mic. Thanks.

OP
OP
dchemphill1

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
School Administrator
Thanks for all the feedback I ended up going with RubiGrid™ Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU & Gladiator JT Platform Dash Mount × 1 UniversalPhone Holder from bulletpointmountsolutions.com. Same concept as 67 Design but a bit cheaper and can add other devices. This one comes with a GoPro camera mount.

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Not sure if the OPs statement closes this thread. But if it helps others...

I have the 67 Designs and was super excited to use it. However, I run a thicker case with credit cards and it won’t stay put in the 67 Designs spring-tension mount - too thick. I had to get a Ram X mount to attach to the 67 ball mount location for it to work. Just something to consider based on your phone case and wallet approach :)

OP
OP
dchemphill1

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
School Administrator
Installed the bullet point mounting system. Love the grid look with the dash and hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL 67 Design Cell Phone Holder PXL_20210130_174318764
retty solid

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Been using one for a while. It is amazing quality. I don’t love the location but not much out there any better. With my phone it either blocks the vent or the left of the 8.4 screen.
I turn my phone horizontal. This way it does not block anything. But I have the bullet proof.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
With the 67D singe mount, could you get two of these and mount one at the passenger side as well? Perhaps rotate the plate to accommodate the other side?

Also, do you have to keep the phone arm off the dash to eliminate vibration?

Thanks!

Sponsored

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
With the 67D singe mount, could you get two of these and mount one at the passenger side as well? Perhaps rotate the plate to accommodate the other side?

Also, do you have to keep the phone arm off the dash to eliminate vibration?

Thanks!
I have a friend with the 67D phone mount and it's a great mount. But, if it's options for the passenger you're looking for, let me recommend a dash bar from pbi customs (www.pbicustoms.com). It runs the entire length of the dash and you can use ram mounts or similar mounts from Amazon. When I go wheeling and my wife is with me, we have my phone, her phone, a tablet, and my inside gopro. Move them anywhere along the dash and at any height. We have one in both jeeps.

Just a thought.

Sting Gray Rubi

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I have a friend with the 67D phone mount and it's a great mount. But, if it's options for the passenger you're looking for, let me recommend a dash bar from pbi customs (www.pbicustoms.com). It runs the entire length of the dash and you can use ram mounts or similar mounts from Amazon. When I go wheeling and my wife is with me, we have my phone, her phone, a tablet, and my inside gopro. Move them anywhere along the dash and at any height. We have one in both jeeps.

Just a thought.

Thanks! I'll check it out

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 67d rail.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Just a thought.
Gotta make sure you don't obstruct the pass air bag. Just a little in the way & it could be bad. I love my 67Designs. With the right set up, you can have stuff for the driver, pass & in between. Super high quality.

Deleted member 35398

Truly a great product as everyone has posted. I even use the phone holder on my motorcycle
and it works well……even off pavement.
Sponsored